Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Trojan horse problems

(!)

Junior Member with 2 posts.

07-Feb-2012, 05:55 PM #1
Trojan horse problems
I was working on line when my screen went blank, came back on then went into a scan that said I had a hard disk problem. I figured I may be having a problem until it then told me to clixck here to purchase the full blown version of the program that could fix my computer....that was a dead giveaway.

My screen was still blank but the task bar was visible so I executed the AVG Security scan. It found the trojan horse and removed it then went into a restart. The system would not shut down for the reboot. After about an hour I killed the power and did a manual restart. The system will restart but I do not have a desktop and can not see any of the files on the disk. I wa able to start :explorer" but it would not display anything in the Documents folder or any of the programs.

When I hit "start" and then click on "programs" I do not get anything. One time I did manage to get into the control panel and ran the :Remove/Add Programs" and the programs were displayed.

At this point I am missing the desktop and can not get past the the blank screen. How can I restore the desktop?

Thanks
Junior Member with 2 posts.

07-Feb-2012, 08:55 PM #2
After reading several of the post on here I found my proble, I ran the program yo "unhide" my files and now I am back to normal....thanks to all of you
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
desktop

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!