Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Welcome to NGinx! (The nightmare begins)

(New)
(!)

Member with 10 posts.

Experience: Beginner
08-Apr-2012, 07:55 AM #1
Welcome to NGinx! (The nightmare begins)
I've ran into this problem almost every other day. I have to run my anti-virus scan each time to rid myself of the issue and this seems to be the report generated by "Panda Cloud Anti-Virus".

Common names: Atlas DMT
Technical names:
Alias:

Type: COOKIE
Size: 1 Bytes

DETECTIONS

BRIEF DESCRIPTION
Atlas DMT is a cookie.
Cookies are small text files stored in the browser on the user's computer, when visiting web pages.
Cookies store information that can be used for several purposes: to personalize web browsing, to gather demographic information about how many users visit a page, to monitor which banners are displayed to the user, etc.
These uses are not, in theory at least, malicious.
However, keep in mind that the misuse of cookies could threaten an individual's privacy.

Atlas DMT uses the following propagation or distribution methods:
Exploiting vulnerabilities with the intervention of the user: exploiting vulnerabilities in file formats or applications. To exploit them successfully it needs the intervention of the user: opening files, viewing malicious web pages, reading emails, etc.
It is dropped or downloaded to the computer by other malware specimens, for example: Downloader.VNR.

EFFECTS
Cookies store information that can be used for several purposes:
To personalize web pages to the preferences of each user.
To gather demographic information about how many users visit the page and how long they spend viewing it.
To monitor which banners are displayed to the user and how long.
These uses are not, in theory at least, malicious.
Though it does not pose a risk by itself, malicious use by other software could threaten affected users' privacy, as cookies can be used to create user profiles with information that the user is unaware of, and sent to third parties.

How do I AVOID this? It's rather annoying. My laptop has enough issues from age, this is just going to make it capable of flying...if only for a few seconds.

Last edited by norarose88; 08-Apr-2012 at 07:56 AM.. Reason: deleting irrelevant info
Member with 10 posts.

Experience: Beginner
08-Apr-2012, 08:02 AM #2
Lightbulb I added an exception to Chrome
I added AtlasDMT.com as a blocked exception per CNet...any other tips and suggestions?
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
chrome, malware, nginx

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!