Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Virus & Other Malware Removal Virus & Other Malware Removal
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Frequent BSOD,Errors,Random Sys Reboots,Freezing

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 12 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
06-May-2012, 09:28 PM #16
Hi Gizzy,

My PC is 5yrs old.

Just thought I would provide a progress report.

I've been trying to complete the instructions all day long but with road blocks.

1. Tried running aswMBR but mid-way thru the scan it freezes after it detects the following file in red font.

C:\Windows\system32\jureg.exe *INFECTED* win32:smssend-IG [Trj]

2. Tried running ESET Online Scanner at 42% it detected a slew of infected files.I managed to write down one of them before the PC froze/restarted with the following: "a problem caused the program to stop working correctly"

NSIS/TrojanDownloader.FakeAlert DV.gen trojan

3. Minidump folder doesn't show Mini050412-04.dmp but there's more dumps that occurred today.

Last edited by jujubes; 06-May-2012 at 09:34 PM..
Gizzy   (Bill) Gizzy is offline Gizzy is authorized to help remove malware.
Computer Specs
Library Manager with 3,865 posts.

Experience: Advanced
08-May-2012, 04:37 PM #17
Hi jujubes,

Quote:
Minidump folder doesn't show Mini050412-04.dmp but there's more dumps that occurred today.
Please zip and attach the 3 most recent minidumps then.

Lets try aswMBR again but this time click No at the prompt, Instructions below.

Please download aswMBR and save it to your Desktop.
  1. Right click aswMBR.exe & choose "Run as Administrator" to run it.
  2. Click No to the prompt to download Avast! virus definitions.
  3. After a while when the scan reports "Scan finished successfully", click Save log & save the log to your desktop.
  4. Click OK > Exit.
  5. Note: Do not attempt to fix anything at this stage!
  6. Two files will be created, aswMBR.txt & a file named MBR.dat.
  7. MBR.dat is a backup of the MBR(master boot record), do not delete it..
  8. I strongly suggest you keep a copy of this backup stored on an external device.
  9. Copy & Paste the contents of aswMBR.txt into your next reply.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
  1. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. (Right-click and select Run as administrator)
  2. Click the Update tab.
  3. Click Check for Updates and wait for it to finish updating.
  4. Click the Scanner tab, Select Perform full scan, Then click Scan.
  5. When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  6. Check all items except items in the C:\System Volume Information folder, then click on Remove Selected.
  7. When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please post that log in your next reply.

The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. It can also be found here:
  • C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt

Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts, click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process, if asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

Please reply with:
  • Zipped minidump files
  • aswMBR log
  • Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware log
Computer Specs
Member with 12 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
09-May-2012, 12:27 PM #18
After trying repeatedly....Looks like old faithful (my PC ) is on her last legs ,it won't boot up.
Hence,I cannot complete the steps . I guess have no other choice but to take it to my local computer shop for repair.

With that being said.....
Thank You Very Much Gizzy for helping me,I do appreciate your efforts.Thanks again!
Gizzy   (Bill) Gizzy is offline Gizzy is authorized to help remove malware.
Computer Specs
Library Manager with 3,865 posts.

Experience: Advanced
10-May-2012, 09:57 AM #19
Hi jujubes,
Quote:
Originally Posted by jujubes
After trying repeatedly....Looks like old faithful (my PC ) is on her last legs ,it won't boot up.
Hence,I cannot complete the steps . I guess have no other choice but to take it to my local computer shop for repair.
I'm sorry to hear that, But as the computer won't boot looks like we're done here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujubes
Thank You Very Much Gizzy for helping me,I do appreciate your efforts.Thanks again!
You're most welcome.

Below are some security tips to help keep your computer safe once you get it working again.

Keep your programs up to date
Update your Antivirus programs and other programs regularly to avoid new threats that could infect your system.
Below are 2 sites that can be used to check if any of your installed programs are in need of updates.
Secunia Software Inspector
F-secure Health Check

Keep your system updated
Microsoft releases patches for Windows and other products regularly:
  1. I advise you visit: http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/default.aspx?ln=en-us
  2. Install the Active X
  3. Once installed it will advise you set Auto-Updates if not set and you then will be able to manually check for updates also via:
    Start > All Programs > Microsoft Updates

Below are some free programs I recommend that could help you improve your computer's security.

Spyware Blaster
Download it from Here
Find a tutorial on how to use Spyware Blaster Here

WinPatrol
Download it from Here
You can find information about how WinPatrol works Here

Here is a great guide I recommend you read - COMPUTER SECURITY - a short guide to staying safer online

I'd be grateful if you could reply to this post so that I know you have read it, and if you have no other questions, the thread can be marked solved.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
bsod, error message, freezing, windows vista 32-bit

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!