Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Trojan Dropper generic virus on services file

(New)
(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Beginner
11-Jul-2012, 11:26 PM #1
Trojan Dropper generic virus on services file
Like Fizzy jay, I have the exact same thing. I am computer illiterate and am too afraid to mess with viruses and computers.

On my daughter's computer, the red small window shows up telling us that there is a Trojan Dropper generic virus on services file, system32 and all we can do is ignore it. I think this virus was from a flash player update.

I also have another virus but since I have no access to the computer right now I'm doing this by memory. It's in C:\users/kabance/App data/local/microsoft windows...Temp files. It's called JS/Redirect. When you open up a web page, a second one loads as well.

Coincidentally, I was trying to do a virus scan but it doesn't get beyond 71%. It slows down when it gets to C:\users/kabance/App data/local/microsoft windows...Temp files. It looks like AVG is scanning them but it won't go any further. Also is it possible to have 2468598 file on your computer???

The trojan says that it has been white listed and the other one says that the file is inaccessible, whatever that means. I know nothing about computers but when my friend gets back, I'll have them do it since they know what they are doing. I don't want to deal with it. I just want to make sure that the viruses CAN be obliterated.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!