Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Virus & Other Malware Removal Virus & Other Malware Removal
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Tonytipp

(New)
(!)

Ent   (Josiah) Ent is offline Ent is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions.
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 5,242 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
22-Jul-2012, 04:18 AM #31
Windows is the button near the bottom left of the keyboard. It looks like it's got a flag on it split into four (like a kid's drawing of a window). It's found between CTRL and ALT.
Computer Specs
Member with 27 posts.

22-Jul-2012, 05:15 AM #32
Thank you for your assistance,forgive my ignorance but this has really unsettled me!
I followed your instructions and got the same result as always.
I attach screen shots that you can examine.
I await your comments?
Attachment Blocked
Attachments in the HJT forum are often designed to solve a specific issue and not meant to be used without instructions specific to your computer. If you want help specific to your computer, please post a HiJackThis Log. If you started this thread, please make sure you are logged in to be able to view attachments.
Computer Specs
Member with 27 posts.

22-Jul-2012, 05:16 AM #33
I tried to upload 2 attachments.
Computer Specs
Member with 27 posts.

22-Jul-2012, 05:45 AM #34
It is taking more and more time for computer to shut down.
When I tried to open desk top jpg to see if I had sent the correct one,I got inundated with 'Microsoft Picture Manager'.
I am attaching screen shot so that you can see how this is affecting my screen!
It now appears that I can't even do this now because of Picture Manager?????......................................HELP!!!!
Computer Specs
Member with 27 posts.

22-Jul-2012, 06:17 AM #35
I cannot understand why it does not seem possible to operate basic uploads an convey my problems?
Attachment Blocked
Attachments in the HJT forum are often designed to solve a specific issue and not meant to be used without instructions specific to your computer. If you want help specific to your computer, please post a HiJackThis Log. If you started this thread, please make sure you are logged in to be able to view attachments.
Computer Specs
Member with 27 posts.

22-Jul-2012, 03:16 PM #36
We resolved that I have enough memory to run Word? Why am I told that there is NOT enough disk space to run Word?
When I try to send screen shots I get advised that Microsoft Picture Manager must shut down my computer!
The computer is slowing down along with some noise interference.
Could there be a problem with Normal.dot template?
Sometimes the computer freezes and I have to restart.
It takes forever to restart and a long time just to shut down?

Can you please advise if these events are linked?
Ent   (Josiah) Ent is offline Ent is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions.
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 5,242 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
22-Jul-2012, 04:54 PM #37
To be honest, I'm not quite sure what's going on here.
If removing the Normal.dot files had no effect then it certainly isn't a problem with corruption there. More likely, in light of all the other symptoms, is that something is actually eating into your RAM. I don't know what that would be or how to get rid of it.

I'm going to be away camping for the next week, and therefore unable to get online. I have asked some of the other volunteers to take a look, and I'm sure that if one of them recognizes it for something specific they'll be quick to jump in. If not, I'm afraid that I'm more or less out of ideas.

I do notice that you've got remote assistance software installed from other helpers. I can only hope that they're more successful, with the benefits of a more hands on experience, at working out just where the problem lies.
Computer Specs
Member with 27 posts.

23-Jul-2012, 04:17 AM #38
I didn't remove Normal.dot files...........there was some problem as I recall! Can you please refer to how I remove Normal.dot files?
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!