Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

I Can't Wake Up From The Babylon Nightmare!

(New)
(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Beginner
23-Jul-2012, 11:57 PM #1
I Can't Wake Up From The Babylon Nightmare!
I know there are tons of subjects on this already and I've read some of them but I fear my problem is beyond them.

About a week ago I had an update for a program I already have. Like always it asked me if I wanted to install some toolbar and whatnot. And like always I clicked all the "No" boxes and updated like normal thinking it would honor my request.

It didn't.

Thinking I had just missed something I went to my Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, uninstalled it and thought that was that.

It wasn't.

I get on the next morning and it's still trolling my search engines and pages. I went to the Firefox help page to find any solutions but everything I've tried has failed! I've tried the "about:config" method where I reset all the Babylon stuff (they just come back when I restart) and I tried replacing it in the "keyword" section (it didn't even notice apparently). Then I tried the registry edit and deleted everything that was associated with Babylon

I've been running Spybot daily and it only find the same three programs EVERY time (see attachment) a new program called Malwarebytes (which has only 3 days left on it) didn't change a thing. I even tried System Restore. Twice. Today I ran Spybot and MB in Safe Mode and even defragged my comp. I delete temp files and cookies regularly.

In IE I can't even delete it because the Disable and Remove buttons have been blanked out ensuring that I can't disarm it that way. (see attachment)

Now I'm stuck with this program taking over my computer by adding advertisements in dumb places like all over Youtube and even in my typed text!! (see attachments)

Please help me! I don't want to wipe out my hard drive and I can't afford to take it into a professional!
Attachment Blocked
Attachments in the HJT forum are often designed to solve a specific issue and not meant to be used without instructions specific to your computer. If you want help specific to your computer, please post a HiJackThis Log. If you started this thread, please make sure you are logged in to be able to view attachments.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
advertisements, babylon, malware, nightmare, virus

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!