Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

FBI Virus

(New)
(!)

Member with 106 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
14-Aug-2012, 03:50 PM #1
FBI Virus
Hi All,

I have a computer that got the FBI Virus and has locked me out. I can sign in but it goes right to the white screen of the FBI Virus and I can't do anything. I have tried going through safe mode both regular and with networking but get the same result. I took out the hard drive and hooked it up to my computer and ran a malware bytes scan on it but it seemed to find nothing. I am running another virus scan and malwarebytes with updated definations now. Does anyone else have any other suggestions on how to get rid of this nasty one. I can't get into the registery or anything. Thanks for any help.

Bjb21
Member with 106 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
15-Aug-2012, 08:55 AM #2
I have updated malwarebytes and ran the scan again but it still says it has found 0 objects. Once I log into the comptuer whether its in safe mode or regular mode I get a white screen that says it will take about 30 seconds to load then I get the FBI screen. This is the FBI virus that says I need to pay $200 to unlock. Has anyone had this issue?
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!