Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Virus & Other Malware Removal Virus & Other Malware Removal
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Delta Search

(New)
(!)

Member with 3 posts.

21-Mar-2013, 08:08 AM #1
Delta Search
Let me begin by saying that I am NOT experienced with computers, and that I have been blessed with two preteens that love to play games on the internet and download random crap that has led me here. I was having problemswith Google Chrome, and wanted to switch to Firefox. I uninstalled Chrome but when attempting to download Firefox, I was "told" that my computer was incompatable. (It's an old Vista piece of crap) so I reinstalled Chrome. When it was finished, I realized that when I got online, three tabs opened, one for Chrome, one a new tab, and the third was Delta Search. I'm always careful to read everything before downloading anything, because theres always a hidden toolbar or something else that I don't want. Now, I've gone into the control panel, don't see anything related to Delta or Yontoo, went to Internet Explorer to manage add ons, that didn't work...it just won't go away! what to do, what to do? Any advice will be helpful!!!
Computer Specs
Moderator with 53,072 posts.

21-Mar-2013, 09:12 AM #2
delta search is a virus - so moving to the virus/malware forum

would you read here
http://forums.techguy.org/virus-othe...e-posting.html
and post the logs please - this is a very very busy forum, and only authorised members are allowed to answer - so it may take over 48hrs to get a reply
Member with 3 posts.

21-Mar-2013, 09:14 AM #3
Thanks! Will do!
Member with 3 posts.

21-Mar-2013, 09:19 AM #4
Delta Search/ Virus?
Let me begin by saying that I am NOT experienced with computers, and that I have been blessed with two preteens that love to play games on the internet and download random crap that has led me here. I was having problems with Google Chrome, and wanted to switch to Firefox. I uninstalled Chrome but when attempting to download Firefox, I was "told" that my computer was incompatable. (It's an old Vista piece of crap) so I reinstalled Chrome. When it was finished, I realized that when I got online, three tabs opened, one for Chrome, one a new tab, and the third was Delta Search. I'm always careful to read everything before downloading anything, because theres always a hidden toolbar or something else that I don't want. Now, I've gone into the control panel, don't see anything related to Delta or Yontoo, went to Internet Explorer to manage add ons, that didn't work...it just won't go away! what to do, what to do? VIRUS??? Any advice will be helpful!!!
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!