Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Virus & Other Malware Removal Virus & Other Malware Removal
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Can't access Google & Gmail - AVG, SUPERAntiSypware, PANDA, & Hijack This logs

(New)
(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Pretty experienced but do need explanations
19-Dec-2007, 08:00 AM #1
Solved: Can't access Google & Gmail - AVG, SUPERAntiSypware, PANDA, & Hijack This logs
Hello,

I'm new to this forum and really appreciate that it exists. Thank you in advance to those who would take the time to help me out. This is the first time I have been unable to access a particular server exclusively (google.com) - basically I can't access Gmail or any google search engine. I checked the previous thread on this topic and it didn't really help me because my logs appear different. I first ran AdAware and SpyBot Search & Destroy scans and all they found were tracking cookies. I ran HijackThis and saved my log. Then I found the PCHelp forum and followed the instructions given by an administrator: I made all files visible, disabled system recovery on all disks, went into Safe Mode and ran AVG and SUPERAntiSpyware, restarted in Safe Mode, then ran CCleaner. All the files it found were cleaned - no recurrences. I then ran HijackThis in Normal Mode and followed it up with a PANDA activescan.

I have attached the following scan logs:

The first file (Dec. 19 2007.txt) is the HijackThis log from the first scan I did before reading the instructions on this site.
The second file (AVGReport) is the result of an AVG full scan in Safe Mode.
The third file (SUPERAntiSpyware) is the result of a full SUPERAntiSpyware scan in Safe Mode.
The fourth file (hijackthis log) is the result of the HijackThis scan I did in Normal Mode after restarting.
The fifth file (PANDA activescan) is the result of a PANDA activescan.

Please let me know if any of the attached files are inaccessible or unreadable and I will post them in my next post. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I still am unable to access google.

Thank you very much!
Attachment Blocked
Attachments in the HJT forum are often designed to solve a specific issue and not meant to be used without instructions specific to your computer. If you want help specific to your computer, please post a HiJackThis Log. If you started this thread, please make sure you are logged in to be able to view attachments.
Moderator with 69,360 posts.

20-Dec-2007, 03:03 PM #2
I would suggest you remove all of the Google toolbars, etc from add/remove programs. Restart the machine and see if that helps.
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Pretty experienced but do need explanations
21-Dec-2007, 12:34 AM #3
Wow, that definitely did it. How do these toolbars block the sites? What just happened?

Thank you so much for your help!
Moderator with 69,360 posts.

21-Dec-2007, 01:18 PM #4
I simply stay away from toolbars. They use up my system resources and cause problems!

Happy to hear that worked!
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!