Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Virus & Other Malware Removal Virus & Other Malware Removal
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Google Redirected to Bogus Microsoft Security Center

(!)

Junior Member with 6 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
06-Dec-2008, 03:48 PM #1
Google Redirected to Bogus Microsoft Security Center
When I type www.google.com or www.yahoo.com in my browser the URL is diverted to a bogus security center, "Microsoft Security Center" stating, “Alert : Your computer have been attacked by spyware or viruses! Please download AntiSpyware to fix.” This site is obviously bogus as the English is not grammatically correct. And I have NOT clicked the hyperlink found on that site.
I am able to overcome this problem with Yahoo as the Yahoo Toolbar on my browser works just fine. Unfortunately, I never installed the Google Toolbar on my browsers. When I try to use the Google Search in the top right of my browser I am taken to an error page that looks to be in a Chinese language.
This problem occurs in Mozilla Firefox/3.0.4, Internet Explorer 7.0.6001, and msn Explorer
9.6. I am running Windows Vista Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 32-bit.
Does anybody know what I can do to eliminate this problem? You folks are awesome!

16-Dec-2008, 06:01 PM #2
Addendum
This problem also exists for www.youtube.com

17-Dec-2008, 10:24 PM #3
This problem was corrected by Microsoft's critical update to IE 7.0 on 12/17/2008. At this time all problems listed above have been corrected in a totally satisfactory manner.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
bogus microsoft website, error message in chinese, google redirected, yahoo redirected

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!