Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

iexplore.exe running in background.

(New)
(!)

Member with 7 posts.

Experience: Advanced
31-Dec-2009, 04:27 PM #1
Exclamation iexplore.exe running in background.
Hello, I mainly use Firefox as my main browser, and for some reason the iexplore.exe process is open in task manager, and I can hear it making a "click" noise, and a bunch of ads, like "Congratulations! You Won!" Also, it automatically re-opens once i end the process. and I think I have adware or something. I recently downloaded an exe and opened it (big mistake) and ever since then this has been happening. I've Scanned for problems in spybot search &destroy after updating, but I can't immunize because I can't close the iexplore.exe task! I've also seen one pop-up from iexplore.exe. Can someone please help me with this.
I mainly only use AVG, and Spybot S&D.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
ads, adware, help!, iexplore, spyware

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!