Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Internet explorer problem (codec bug)

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 69 posts.

Experience: Beginner
26-Aug-2010, 07:33 AM #1
Internet explorer problem (codec bug)
Hi,

When I log onto my e-mails using my shortcut tab on internet explorer I am having a small pop up box appear saying;

Lame MP3 codec v0.9.2 - 3.98.2
LGPL Licence
Steve Lhomme + Lame Developers
http://www.mp3dev.org/
Icon: Lucas Granito

I Have to click an OK box to use the page and view my e-mails and if I try to Log out or load another web page internet explorer stops working.

All my other tabs are fine and this only appears when I open my e-mail link.

I had tried to previously install a codec pack which wouldn't work with windows 7 so it didn't complete, I then installed a Codec Pack from windows to allow MP4's to play through WMP but other than that no changes or recent downloads.

I have searched through my program files for 'Lame Codec' but nothing appears.

Any ideas why this is now appearing and how to stop would be appreciated.

Cheers

*Edit, Just looked through my codec file and this is showing colour coded as a decoder and file details are;

Type / Format / Name /ID / Driver File
ACM / FmtTag 0x0055 / LameMP3 codec engine / msacm.lameacm / quartz.dll--.LameACM.acm

Last edited by Cheekywink; 26-Aug-2010 at 07:50 AM..
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!