Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Can't Run Programs After Vista Anti-Spyware?

(New)
(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Beginner
15-May-2011, 05:01 PM #1
Question Can't Run Programs After Vista Anti-Spyware?
I'll try to provide as much information as possible, but I'm only sixteen, and I don't know too much about computers. So also, try to use simple, easy-to-understand directions for me, so that way I can understand, sorry! (:
Okay, so my laptop (A Toshiba Satellite A505. It's Windows Vista, too) recently got infected with Vista Anti-Spyware, even though I have Webroot Security. I think, but am not completely sure, that I got rid of it, but now can no longer run any programs. If I click on iTunes, or Internet Explorer, for example, I get this message:
"Choose the program you want to open this file:" and all that will come up is Internet Explorer. If I click on Internet Explorer, it will ask me if I want to download it, and if I say yes, it will say it's downloaded until I try to run it, and it's a never-ending cycle. I can't download any programs either.
I don't have the restoring-CD or whatever it's called, so I can't use that either. It's a complete mess, and I'm not even sure if I'm capable of fixing it myself. .
Would it be better for me to take it to Best Buy and have Geek Squad look at it? Or is there any way I can fix it myself? Please help. Any advice is appreciated(:
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
can't fix, internet explorer, vista anti-spyware, windows vista

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!