Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web Design & Development Web Design & Development
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Converting flash gallery to work on iphones?

(!)

Member with 277 posts.

28-Jun-2012, 07:37 AM #1
Exclamation Converting flash gallery to work on iphones?
A few years ago I scanned in all of our family photos and put them on my website using a flash based gallery.

I was wondering if there is a simple way to convert this flash gallery so it would be viewable on an iphone? I have read a little about flash to html5 but the few converters I have tried online don't seem to do anything.

Has anyone here tried something similar? Or is there a quick way to make an iphone viewable gallery?
Computer Specs
Member with 1,719 posts.

28-Jun-2012, 10:49 AM #2
Try using something like the free Format Factory to convert it to an mp4 or avi file then you should be able to play that on your site regardless of platform.
Member with 277 posts.

28-Jun-2012, 02:40 PM #3
Sorry I don't think I explained it correctly. The flash gallery is like an application where the user can pick any picture add comments etc so converting it to a video wouldn't work.
Computer Specs
Member with 1,719 posts.

29-Jun-2012, 12:35 AM #4
In that case you will need to completely re-engineer it. Hopefully you still have the images. I would suggest having a look at some of the css3 galleries that are available have a look at Stu Nichols site http://www.cssplay.co.uk/ for example.
Member with 277 posts.

29-Jun-2012, 08:24 AM #5
Thanks I'll take a look at them. Yeah I do have all the images, the flash gallery I made just reads an xml file which points to the images on my site.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
apple, converter, flash, html5, iphone

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!