Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Microsoft FP & win7

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 4 posts.

Experience: Beginner
28-Jun-2012, 03:16 PM #1
Question Microsoft FP & win7
I hope this is the correct place to post this. I have been using an older version of MS Frontpage for a website I have been maintaining for 15 years. The computer has WinXP. I got a new laptop and not surprising, Win7 didn't recognize the program because of how old it was (FP98 w/FP2000 upgrade). I have read on some sites that more knowledgeable web designers don't use or like FP. Some just type their own code. i used to type alot of the code but started using FP cause it was easy for me and what I wanted to accomplish but due to being diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, typing alot of code is now too difficult.

Anyway, I heard Microsoft now has something called Expressions for web design. Can you edit pages designed with FP using Expressions and is it similar enough to FP that I won't be lost? I have also heard FP2003 will work with Win7. I have thought of just buying FP2003 and stick with what I know. Is there someplace that shows a demo of expressions?

Any guidance/opinions is greatly appreciated

Thanks
allnodcoms   (Danny) allnodcoms is offline allnodcoms has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 610 posts.

Experience: Advanced
29-Jun-2012, 07:42 AM #2
Micro$oft's follow up to FrontPage is "WebMatrix". Expression is the 'Pro' upgrade to Matrix and definitely not for the feint hearted.

The transition from FP to WM is about as painless as you can get, considering that the web we have now is nothing like the web that FP was designed to support. I can't say I'd recommend WM, but as you asked about a replacement for FrontPage and mentioned another M$ product, that's what I posted. There are loads of alternatives, just Google "wysiwyg html editor", from the ludicrously expensive (Dreamweaver) to the absolutely free and open source (various contenders). The choice of editor is pure preference though so I'd suggest trying a few. Download some reputable trials and compare to the freebies, there's little to choose between them really...

Danny
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!