Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web Design & Development Web Design & Development
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

HTML editor

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 237 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
16-Jul-2012, 09:48 AM #1
HTML editor
Looking for a very good HTML editor program. Hopefully one that has some support for HTML5 and CSS. I value the opinions of this sites users, so just doing a search doesn't cut it for me. I would be willing to pay up to a couple hundred dollars for a really good editor.

If your currently using one and have some time using it, I would sure appreciate hearing from you and the product your using.

Computer Specs
Member with 1,347 posts.

16-Jul-2012, 10:59 AM #2
I use Webuilder. Supports html5 and css3. Supports a host of other languages too, including jscript and php. I like it! On another thread someone mentioned Aptana studio 3, which is also apparently very good.
Computer Specs
Member with 237 posts.

16-Jul-2012, 11:34 AM #3
Does Apple browser support these products for their ipad etc?
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

16-Jul-2012, 11:43 AM #4
What "products" are you referring to? Are you looking to develop web pages on an iPad (why?), or are you just creating web pages that can be viewed on the iPad's web browser?
Computer Specs
Member with 237 posts.

16-Jul-2012, 11:48 AM #5
Just web pages that can be viewed on the ipads and Mac browsers?
allnodcoms   (Danny) allnodcoms is offline allnodcoms has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 606 posts.

Experience: Advanced
16-Jul-2012, 12:15 PM #6
Safari (the Mac / iPad / iPhone / iPod) browser is fully compatible (for the most part!) with HTML5 and CSS3. You should have no issues with code developed on any platform running on these devices.

Throwing my opinions into the ring, I've been a web developer for a lot of years and have used Dreamweaver for all of them. Back then it was developed my a company called Macromedia (who were bought out by Adobe in 2005), and it's a very capable piece of kit. Pricey, but capable. On PC, WebMatrix, from Micro$oft, is a pretty nifty (and FREE!) option. It's the replacement for Frontpage, which a lot of the early web was built on. It has support for HTML5, CSS3, PHP, ASP.net and loads of other stuff, and at the price is well worth a look.
I use Macs, but occasionally I have to slum it () and when I do, Webmatrix is the 'go to' editor for me...

Danny
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

16-Jul-2012, 12:15 PM #7
It's a browser. It displays standard web pages. It's just a smaller screen. Maybe I don't get your question. You don't use special programs to write web pages for the iPad.
Computer Specs
Member with 6 posts.

Experience: Beginner
17-Jul-2012, 11:14 PM #8
I found coffeecup excellent for both CSS and HTML.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!