Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web Design & Development Web Design & Development
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: no traffic

(!)

Member with 483 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
20-Jul-2012, 08:39 PM #1
Solved: no traffic
What can have made my site lose all traffic?, like ONE page view in last month when it was at 100 a day? I used to make $3 - $5 a day with adwords. Now some days zero, some days 40 cents, and once in a while $2. also have a banner called impresionesweb that has gone down 90%. Two or three other measores have gone down. They all seem to be related to traffic. Hope you can help. I was hoping for about $200 a month for this senior citizen. Looks like it's back to beans. thanks
Computer Specs
Member with 787 posts.

Experience: Advanced
21-Jul-2012, 01:42 AM #2
Well remember that traffic, is people going to your site... people have to be interested in the site to goto it... or have to have a reason to return to the site, if you are unsatisfied with your traffic... then you need to promote your website... you need to make sure that people hear about your site, you need to make sure that the first thing that people see is something that will get there attention... when i started learning webdesign, i was told that the average user will spend a total of 7 seconds on a site looking for what they want... if they don't find it they leave... take these things into consideration, as well as the fact that your sites are very plain, and very old looking, when most sites today are very sleek, modern and smooth, most users dismiss sites that look like they haven't been updated in years

Hope this helps,

-Luke
Member with 483 posts.

21-Jul-2012, 06:54 AM #3
Luke,

Thanks for the kindness of a response but I am afraid it is not only the issues you raise. I accept them and have to update and improve things.

But it is no explanation of whay I lost ALL traffice. Today I got ONE cent on adsense and ZERO the day before! Anyhone have an idea of what happened?

BTW two corrections:
  • in my first post I said "adwords" when I mean ADSENSE.
  • the affected sites are not those of my signature.
thanks, Frank
Computer Specs
Member with 320 posts.

Experience: Advanced
29-Jul-2012, 11:02 AM #4
getting the work out about a new site can be very hard and cost money using advertising such as adsence but here are a few things you could try:
ensured it is listed on search engines (eg. google, bing, yahoo, ect)?
try telling your friends about the web page if you think that might be interested and ask them to tell their friends and so forth. word of mouth is the quickest and easiest way to get visitors to a site.
make sure there is an reason for returning to the site (as mentioned by dukevyner)

also have a look at your hosts webalizer or web stat program to see a representation of the traffic that is viewing your site.

hope this helps
Member with 483 posts.

29-Jul-2012, 05:49 PM #5
Luke and Grob,

I was hoping someone woucl help me witheir experience or knowledge about what could be the reason for a DECREASE in traffice.

thanks, Frank
Member with 483 posts.

01-Aug-2012, 07:59 AM #6
Hi Robin,

I'm sure it was the black and white monster that got me. I have been working on it and am getting slow improvement. Thanks for your help
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!