Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web Design & Development Web Design & Development
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Dreamweaver: Failure putting files

(!)

Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Beginner
23-Jul-2012, 06:25 PM #1
Dreamweaver: Failure putting files
I have some updated pages I just saved in Dreamweaver, but for some reason, the live, web version is not showing the updates I've saved on Dreamweaver. .

-The updates show when I test them on my browser

But when I put the files, the log only says
- Same, file not transferred

What could be wrong?
Computer Specs
Member with 787 posts.

Experience: Advanced
23-Jul-2012, 08:02 PM #2
Check the log sometimes one or two files doesn't go... When the file activity says some not complete click the arrow... This will show the log scroll to the bottom and look for the files that say not completed... I'm not sure what causes this problem but if it persists I delete the file on the server and re upload the local one... Seems to work for me... But be careful
allnodcoms   (Danny) allnodcoms is offline allnodcoms has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 611 posts.

24-Jul-2012, 05:33 AM #3
I use DW a lot (and have since the Macromedia days) but I never use it for get / put. It's not bad as a WYSIWYG editor, and for testing local server files, but it kind of sucks when compared to a dedicated ftp client.

Danny
Computer Specs
Member with 787 posts.

24-Jul-2012, 07:37 AM #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by allnodcoms View Post
I use DW a lot (and have since the Macromedia days) but I never use it for get / put. It's not bad as a WYSIWYG editor, and for testing local server files, but it kind of sucks when compared to a dedicated ftp client.

Danny
Funny thing I actually like it perhaps it's just cause I like to use php and want to test right away... Also... I never use the WYSIWYG but I couldn't imagine not having dreamweaver maybe that makes me a bad person lol.. I too remember good old macromedia although seems like not much has changed
Computer Specs
Member with 787 posts.

24-Jul-2012, 07:40 AM #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukevyner View Post
Funny thing I actually like it perhaps it's just cause I like to use php and want to test right away... Also... I never use the WYSIWYG but I couldn't imagine not having dreamweaver maybe that makes me a bad person lol.. I too remember good old macromedia although seems like not much has changed
I take that back I use the WYSIWYG occasionally guess it's something I take for granted obviously it can't write my php for me though
allnodcoms   (Danny) allnodcoms is offline allnodcoms has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 611 posts.

24-Jul-2012, 07:49 AM #6
I swear by it Duke, I also develop in PHP for 90% of my projects and it's nice to able to switch back and forth between code and design views to check layouts and stuff, form names (I'm always forgetting / mis-spelling form element names!) and colours.

DW is one of the few apps on my Mac that opens at start up (along with MAMP), and I use it for aspects of web development, just never for the ftp stuff - I have a very good little app that does exactly what I need in the file transfer department...

It's true that very little has changed in the 10 or so years I've been using it, it's just got bigger and hungrier... Kind of like Adobe really!

Danny
Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
30-Jul-2012, 10:15 AM #7
Hi,
"Same, file not transferred" message indicates that file in local and remote view is same and not modified.
So in that case, the Dreamweaver would not transfer the file.
So, If you have modified the file through Dreamweaver, it should transfer the file.
Please download the latest patch 12.0.1 for Dreamweaver and let us know if this issue still exists.
Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
31-Jul-2012, 02:18 AM #8
For complete details about the Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 (12.0.1) update, please refer to below link:
https://blogs.adobe.com/dreamweaver/2012/07/dreamweaver-cs6-update-12-0-1.html
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
dreamweaver

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!