Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web Design & Development Web Design & Development
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Database Website

(!)

Member with 53 posts.

10-Aug-2012, 12:16 AM #1
Database Website
Does anyone know of an application where you can make a simple database website. I trying to make a website where someone could input information about candidates for jobs and then search based on information like languages spoken, city preference salary range etc. I have done this through manually coding the php scripts before but was wondering if there is an prepacked application or design environment that will make this easier.
Computer Specs
Member with 787 posts.

Experience: Advanced
10-Aug-2012, 12:29 AM #2
weeeeeeeeellllll..... probably not.... its a pretty specific thing and something like that would normally be done by hand(the real way)...this is because of extensive-ness of it... its not as simple as say a blog... which is the most common to have pre established scripts, like what you are asking for,

Although a quick search http://lmgtfy.com/?q=php+job+search+engine
brought up a few results... they probably aren't exactly what you want, but you seem to posses the skills to modify it(FYI: they aren't open source, and i'm not sure of the legitimacy of the sites, or their companies)

http://www.scriptgeni.com/software/j...search-engine/
http://www.i-netsolution.com/job-sea...ne-script.html
Member with 53 posts.

10-Aug-2012, 12:54 AM #3
Thanks,

I found something that may work searching for that,.

However it would not have to be that specific. Something that is web driven but as easy to use as access would be good.
allnodcoms   (Danny) allnodcoms is offline allnodcoms has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 606 posts.

Experience: Advanced
12-Aug-2012, 09:02 AM #4
I would take a look at some dating scripts. They're pretty configurable and do pretty much what you are after, just change male / female to client / contractor and you're halfway there already.

You could try osDate for a free, open source and well supported solution...

Danny
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!