Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web Design & Development Web Design & Development
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Posting .FLV Videos on Joomla

(!)

Member with 5 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
13-Sep-2012, 03:09 PM #1
Posting .FLV Videos on Joomla
Hello everyone,

I am having some trouble with Joomla (what's new). I am trying to post a .flv that was recorded over a green screen on our website. It's just a video of the attorney talking that is supposed to play when someone enters the site.

Unfortunately, Joomla required me to install a plugin called AllVideo to embed the video within an article. The plugin advised that I use the code {flv}name of file{/flv}, so that's what I did. However, the code keeps posting as text. I tried posting the video location instead of just the name and that didn't work either.

I also uploaded the video to YouTube and embeded it that way, but it didn't post right. It's supposed to be just the attorney standing there, not a video box. So alas, YouTube won't work.

With this type of video am I supposed to place it within the HTML of the template maybe and if so, where?

Thanks in advance!
Computer Specs
Member with 787 posts.

Experience: Advanced
13-Sep-2012, 08:20 PM #2
try using the full location of the file e.x. {flv}http://yourwebsite.com/videos/name of file.flv{/flv}
i've never used joomla (prefer to code stuff my self) so i have no experience... but is { } correct? what do you mean the code shows up like "{flv}name of file{/flv}" if so then i'd would think the the { } is the wrong symbol...but i'm not certain
Member with 5 posts.

14-Sep-2012, 08:44 AM #3
According to the plugin for Joomla, that is the way the code is suppose to be written with those symbols { }, but I have a feeling that Joomla is editing the code as it has a tendency to do. I actually tried putting the whole video name as well and that didn't work either.

As such, my next question is are there any other tags I can use instead of the { }? I tried < >, but apparently that wasn't the way to go. The code didn't appear as text, but it also did nothing at all.
JiminSA   (Jim) JiminSA is offline JiminSA has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 1,705 posts.

15-Sep-2012, 08:26 AM #4
Just a shot in the dark suggestion, but maybe you could try <object></object>... whenever I have embedded .swf files, that is the tag I've used and I guess that it also applies to .flv files. You may also want to look at this link for embedding objects

Last edited by JiminSA; 15-Sep-2012 at 08:57 AM..
Member with 9 posts.

17-Oct-2012, 12:29 AM #5
Good morning,
The problem is the path of your video.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
allvideo, flv, joomla, youtube

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!