Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Auto Refresh other frame script?

(!)

Member with 484 posts.

Experience: Windows, Linux & Web in G
02-Feb-2005, 06:21 AM #1
Wink Auto Refresh other frame script?
Hi,

I need to find a script that will auto refresh another frame other then the frame it is in. So if I had two frames (lets say 'frame_one' and 'frame_two') frame_one would contain the script/html that would refresh frame_two automatically (The script could also be contained in the frameset if this is better). Frame_two will not always be the same page so I will not be able to add anything to that pages source or embed that frames location into frame_one's source.

It would be great if you could have a button that you can turn auto refresh on/off (But I could easily create a link on frame_one that takes to another page that just has another link with "ON" that will take you back to the auto refresh page). Also another good feature would be the ability to change the interval of the auto refresh at any time.

I will be able to change the frameset source and frame_one source but not frame_two as that frame will be pages that I have not created.

I hope this is not too confusing, thanks in advance .
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!