Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Need Help With My DNS Configuration

(!)

Junior Member with 1 posts.

03-Aug-2007, 06:39 AM #1
Need Help With My DNS Configuration
Hello

Re: Need Help With My DNS Configuration

Recentley moved to new VPS hosting account (unmanaged)
- Hosting is Lunux running WHM Cpanel
- I urgentley need help to configure the various setting on my account
- The propergation of the DNS took days. I could then access the URLís hosted for a while but I could not receive any e-mails from my accounts
- Some days I can receive my e-mails and other times I receive nothing (even when I send test e-mails)
- I know that some of my URLís have incorrect NS values in my DNS ZONE file, but itís knowing the best way to sort them out.
- Almost every day the server is crashing and Iím having to get my provider to restart
- One problems was the DNS Zones were incorrect when my back up copy was installed
- I have confidence in the hosting package I have, but frustrated at not being able to get the server running soothly

When things are working they work well, but there are still some configuration issues that needs to be rectified so that things can run properly.

Can anyone help or advice me what I should best do to resolve the problems that Iím having.
- Nothing is working with consistancy and I would really appreciate some help and advice

Natfirst
TechGuy   (Mike) TechGuy is offline TechGuy has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Administrator with 12,752 posts.

Experience: Advanced
05-Aug-2007, 09:48 PM #2
I'll think you'll need to post some more details to sort out when kind of DNS problems you're having. Also, make sure that your old host has your domains deleted from it's DNS servers or they'll be sending out old data.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!