Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web Design & Development Web Design & Development
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

In need of a programer ASAP

(!)

Junior Member with 4 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
26-Mar-2008, 09:05 AM #1
Exclamation In need of a programer ASAP
Hello

I am in a serious pinch here. I am in the printing industry. I run a press and do graphic design. One of our customers asked if I could redesign thier website. I have some web design experience. I brought a friend of my brothers in on it to do the coding. I was just going to do the graphics. I gave him 50% upfront and he got started but never finished. That was almost two months ago. He fell off the face of the earth.

Three weeks ago I found another programer. We settled on a price and went over what needed to be done. I agreed to write the pages that could be basic HTML.He was going to write the backend with the database and pages that would interact with it. I have been trying to reach him since the 14th and he wont return my calls or emails.

I need help. I will pay. I am pressed for time and out of options. If there is anyone here that is willing to help please post here( I can give you my number) or email: jemersonl83@sbcglobal.net .
Senior Member with 1,683 posts.

Experience: Programming-Advanced|EVER
26-Mar-2008, 10:22 AM #2
What are the requirements of the project?

26-Mar-2008, 10:46 AM #3
Here is the old site: http://www.masoncolor.com/
Here is the work in progress: http://www.horizonvisualarts.net/final/home.htm
I really need help with the pages that will interact with the database. there will be a news page(basic), an order page( will have to verify order with the db) and a "swatch" page. The swatch page will be the most challenging (proof: http://horizonvisualarts.com/mason/n...ageconcept.jpg , the graphics have changed but that shows the idea ). They also need to be able to log in in order to add/edit/remove news and colors. Let me know what you think.
Senior Member with 1,683 posts.

Experience: Programming-Advanced|EVER
26-Mar-2008, 10:55 AM #4
What language do you want it coded in?

Will there be any ecommerce? Payment processing?

Is the database already designed? What database platform is it?

26-Mar-2008, 11:07 AM #5
Language= whatever will work, im not a programer, I have alittle experience editing ASP but never built it ground up.
There wont need to be payment processing.
I have used Access but havent put a database together yet. I know what field will be needed do I could throw one together. If you want to use a different platform I am open to it.

26-Mar-2008, 11:12 AM #6
The order page can just sumbit to an email, but they want it to check the database to ensure that the part number in the order exists in the database.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!