Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web Design & Development Web Design & Development
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: midi file that plays only when clic on icon

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 102 posts.

Experience: Advanced
12-Sep-2009, 11:44 AM #1
Solved: midi file that plays only when clic on icon
I am writing my genealogy website with Macromedia Dreamweaver MX. One of the links is a summary of my family story and I am including the verses of a song that my father used to sing. I also want to include with the verses, a midi file. I used what Dreamweaver offers to include sound: <embed src="../som/song.mid" width="144" height="60"></embed>. The problem is, as soon as I go to the summary link the song begins to play and plays wiithout end. This is annoying if someone wants to concentrate on the story. I would like to have an icon where people click on it when they want to listen to the song while they go through the verses, and then the song stops. If someone wants to listen again, can click on the icon again. How can I do this?
Member with 79 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
12-Sep-2009, 12:44 PM #2
I always used to like adding midi files to webpages, although I kinda got away from this idea when I was told that it isn't " the fashion " anymore. But IMHO, usage of such files ought to be up to the discretion of the webmaster, for whatever reason... I personally don't see why it should be annoying to anyone as long as the selection is not intrusive (as in the situation you describe).

Anyway, here is a page that has been helpful to me...

http://www.hypergurl.com/music.html
Computer Specs
Member with 102 posts.

12-Sep-2009, 07:05 PM #3
Thanks for your reply. That link shows the parameter that I need, the autostart = false. I am not woried here about fashion, it is a website on Rootsweb and will be accessed by family, friends or others interested in genealogy only. In the meantime something crazy happened. Some hours before, when I opened my web page the song was playing full-time, now I am told that I not have a plugin, I wonder how I had it before, it was working, only not the way I wanted. How the plugin could disappear and how I can get it back???
Member with 79 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
13-Sep-2009, 11:37 PM #4
Whew, that is bizarre! Sounds like you might have spooks in your computer. Hm, I wonder whether that's possible to have a "haunted hard drive"??
Computer Specs
Member with 102 posts.

22-Sep-2009, 09:23 PM #5
Incredible, today the sound is working on my webpage and the way I want it: only when I click on the icon ..... crazy computer
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!