Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web & Email Web & Email
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Windows open half-way

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 1,369 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
10-Jul-2011, 02:56 AM #1
Windows open half-way
I've knows this solution before, but can't remember it.....When I open a new window in IE, it opens half-size. I can just maximize it then, but it's annoying. How do I reset it so that it always opens maximized?

fwiw: I've tried right-clicking, shift-clicking, etc, etc. Can't remember; I know it's something like that!
Computer Specs
Member with 32,634 posts.

10-Jul-2011, 03:14 AM #2
Have a look here
Computer Specs
Member with 1,369 posts.

10-Jul-2011, 04:01 AM #3
None of those things work; tried them all, but thanks. I should clarify: what opens reduced is when I click on a link of any type. The initial IE window does open up all the way, but any links I click on are about 1/2 sized. There has to be a way to fix this.....
Computer Specs
Member with 5,068 posts.

Experience: Still Learning....
13-Jul-2011, 03:46 AM #4
Just click the maximize button on the top right-hand corner of the page
Computer Specs
Member with 1,369 posts.

13-Jul-2011, 10:27 PM #5
Firebreather, thanks but that's not the point. Of course I can maximize it once it's open; I want to avoid having to do this 86 times a day.
Computer Specs
Member with 5,068 posts.

14-Jul-2011, 03:36 PM #6
I probably got it wrong.... lol...
As far as I know IE opens the window the same size as the last window that was opened.
So if you open up IE and maximise the window. Then close it again... each time you open a new window it will now open full screen.

Here are a few alternate suggestions:

1. Follow these steps exactly in order. Open IE as you normally would and click a link that opens a new IE window that is small. Leave this small window open, and close all the other IE Windows. Once you have only the small one open, resize it by dragging the edges to nearly full screen - do not maximize! Close the final, resized IE window and you should be all set.

2. Resize window to your preference. Hit f11. Hold down control key while closing that window. All future windows will open to the resized window setting. Also when you shut down your computer hit f11 before doing so.

3. Maximize the window that pops up by pressing Ctrl+N. Maximize it once more and then hold the CTRL button while clicking close. Do this for both of the windows that you opened (but keep the original IE window open). Click the link once more, and the problem should be fixed.

I'm not sure if this would be agood idea for you, but you may use an alternate browser. I prefer Firefox but Chrome, Opera and Safari are also nice and loads faster.

Did these work???
Computer Specs
Member with 5,068 posts.

14-Jul-2011, 03:41 PM #7
Hello again!!!!

Got some more links for you, which you may like....
http://www.trishtech.com/internet/re...t_settings.php
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...4052339AAA4ucf
For further query you may refer to IE support page at:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/int...port/help.aspx
or
https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...&wfxredirect=1

Were they of any help???

Last edited by Firebreather; 14-Jul-2011 at 03:46 PM..
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!