Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web & Email Web & Email
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Adobe Flash Player Not Working even though it is installed!

(!)

Junior Member with 3 posts.

21-Jul-2011, 09:30 AM #1
Adobe Flash Player Not Working even though it is installed!
Hi guys, I'm really hoping somebody can help me because this problem is driving me crazy!

I bought a brand new HP Pavillion Laptop 2 weeks ago and the problem is I can not watch videos at all as either a blank box is displayed or it tells me I need to install Flash Player.

The laptop already had flash player though it was not the most recent one so I tried downloading the new one. That did not work.

Since then I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling flash player many times. I have done this by running it from adobes website and also saving to desktop and the installing it. I have rebooted after every un/installation.

If I go here http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ it displays a box telling me I have Flash Player version 10.3.. installed

I have tried going on internet options and making sure security is set to medium

I have checked that everything is enabled in manage add ons.

I have downloaded cccleaner and ran a registery scan to see if that helped.

I have enabled scripting in internet options security.

Im not sure what else to try!

I have windows 7 64 bit and am using internet explorer 9 (32 bit) and the problem is also there on other browsers (firefox and google chrome)

If any body could help it would be much appreciated. Thanks for reading

21-Jul-2011, 09:32 AM #2
I forgot to mention that originally I could watch videos on youtube only but after trying several things if I try and watch anything on youtube it says 'an error occured..' although if you keep refreshing occasionally it will play
Computer Specs
Member with 55,977 posts.

21-Jul-2011, 10:54 AM #3
Always best to do a offline install of flash with IE.
All these are for offline installs so get around the troubles most have with computer setting of firewall etc that.

The uninstaller will uninstall all versions of flash.

Be sure to uncheck any toolbars add-on that may be with the flash install.

You can then bookmark this link to this page or these links because they get update with the newer versions when they come out so the links are always up to date.

Direct Download for IE users:
http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flas..._player_ax.exe

Direct Download link for Firefox, Safari, Opera:
http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flas...ash_player.exe

Flash Player uninstaller:
http://download.macromedia.com/pub/f...ash_player.exe

Flash Player test page:
http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

21-Jul-2011, 04:32 PM #4
Thanks for replying. Ive tried doing it that way already and just tried again but that doesnt solve the problem unfortunately.

I think Im gonna have to take the laptop back to the shop.
Computer Specs
Member with 55,977 posts.

21-Jul-2011, 07:54 PM #5
If it's a new laptop that you can get worked on for free then go ahead and take it to the shop.

Or

Post a HiJackThis log up here in the Virus & Other Malware Removal and let one the trained people look at it.
Maybe you have something that is keeping you from installing.
The log will help them know more. Post all the info on when you got the laptop and what you have installed and can't install or get to work.

The links for the flash I gave you should install.

Wait? -- Did you try to install the flash under Admin rights? Your need to have rights to get it to install.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
flash not working

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!