Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Outlook 2010 Calender Requests Show up as Blank Email

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 5 posts.

Experience: Advanced
01-May-2012, 10:38 AM #1
Unhappy Outlook 2010 Calender Requests Show up as Blank Email
Hi All, For the life of me I cannot figure out what the reason is for this, but when a sender sends a meeting request via Outlook 2010 calender, the recipent recieves a blank email with just the subject line at the top. Both users are using Outlook 2010 and are on Windows XP with SP3. The mail server is a pop server rather than Exchange.

A few things I looked into but did not fix the problem was to check this option under the recipients Email: Under the Section Calendar Options, deselect the option that says (second from bottom) ;When sending meeting requests outside of your organization, use the iCalendar format. This unfortunately did not correct the issue and both user's are within the same domain.I checked the client PC who is recieving the blank email and the format is set to HTML.

The user can see my calender requests just fine but the one sender's requests keep showing as the above photo shows. I had the same one sender send me an invite and I can see his attachment fine. I sent the troublesome user my own request and she can see it just fine. It seems to be isolated just between these two users.I've googled as much as I could to no avail.

Has anyone seen this issue before or could offer me another opinion or insight as to what may be causing this problem between the two users?
Computer Specs
Member with 5 posts.

Experience: Advanced
01-May-2012, 11:37 AM #2
Update:

The calender invite appears fine in the one user's sent box. His composition for Email is also set to HTML rather than plain text.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
2010, blank, calender, invite, outlook

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!