Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

No to extremely slow video streaming & downloads

(!)

ozziea ozziea is offline ozziea has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 118 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
16-May-2012, 10:34 PM #1
Unhappy No to extremely slow video streaming & downloads
My system has stopped streaming web videos. They do play after 30 mites to over one hour to allow them to buffer. Downloading video is equally slow - e.g. a 780 MB video might take upwards of 3 hours.

I originally suspected my Firefox browser, and switched to Chrome. At first there were signs of hope but soon the same stagnation started.

The system runs as expected. I use Adobe CS5.5 and run After Effects and Premiere with no problems. It is only when accessing online videos from YouTube, Vimeo, or most cites I've tried. My 8GB of RAM is nevern overloaded, but even with 4GB free it runs slow when downloading video. My hard drive has 20 GB free. The only time the CPU goes to 100% is during rendering some AE projects.

Also - it is NOT my Internet connection since there are no problems with my iPad on WiFi, and other systems have no problems on the same network.

Help!!

Thank you.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
internet, slow buffering, streaming

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!