Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Firefox search duplicates

(!)

Member with 3 posts.

27-May-2012, 03:49 PM #1
Solved: Firefox search duplicates
I've just found the right place to post my problem for a reply, my problem has been with firefox over the last two days, when I attempt to open it up, I get about four or more entry boxes spilling right out of the bottom of the screen, no associated icons in any of them, just the text entry box of the top one flashing, and anything I bother to enter for a search just sits there ignored, I had to find Internet explorer to even be able to contact you, well, this is an admission of defeat to start with. I don't know if this is somehow a heat issue at the server, it is hot today but yesterday after a shutdown it resolved itself, incidentally my gmail also went on the fritz at the same time, and I had to load basic html to retrieve your link.
Explorer appears to function perfectly, so why the nonsense with Firefox I wonder, I've had some issues in the past, but these were always resolved by re-installing, tried that yesterday, still the same, hope you've got some suggestions.
Just come back with new head scratchings, in Ebay, I've got a slim row of text on the left hand side, and nothing else!
Isn't that special? And I'm afraid turning off/restarting the laptop isn't helping either!
Updating this post again due to trying anything that comes to mind (or blog search), just tried starting firefox in safe mode, no change. And any help improving the situation with any one application at a time would be appreciated. WindowsNovice.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2

Samsung R519 Laptop
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, 64 bit
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4200 @ 2.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 4028 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 1790 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 476937 MB, Free - 324490 MB;
Motherboard: SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD., R519/R719
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012, Updated and Enabled

Last edited by WindowsNovice; 28-May-2012 at 03:28 AM..
Member with 3 posts.

29-May-2012, 05:53 AM #2
Just read on another post here that it may be a tracking blocker causing this, I have AVG fulfilling this function, so will try disabling that, then report back, clutching at straws (drowning analogy there) obviously at this stage but no help forthcoming so far, will keep this posted with progress or lack thereof, as hopefully it may help someone else in future.
Well, AVG Tracking blocker was a dead end, but, I'VE CRACKED IT, finally entered a query about Ebay going pear-shaped, and the suggestion was to go to the "tools" tab in Firefox and "clear all recent history", this has finally solved this nasty little mess, I have been unable to view or bid on Ebay, access my Gmail account, or conduct a search under Firefox either , I really hope this serves to help some other poor numpty too.

Last edited by WindowsNovice; 29-May-2012 at 07:25 AM.. Reason: Updating to solved
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
email

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!