Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web & Email Web & Email
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Yahoo Mail - A connection failure has occured

(!)

Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
02-Jun-2012, 09:12 PM #1
Exclamation Yahoo Mail - A connection failure has occured
I wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing this same problem with Yahoo Mail and if anyone knows a fix?

I'm using the latest Firefox and have still had issues when clearing cookies and using a previous version of Firefox. Another thread related the problem to IE9 but that's not the case.

Quote:
Yahoo Mail Connection Failure message I have IE9 installed on my laptop for Windows 7. I have been using Yahoo! Mail forever, but in the past week I keep getting the following error message: A Connection Failure Has Occurred (header) An unexpected problem has occurred. Performing your action again in a few moments will probably solve the problem.

I have tried clearing my cookies, rebooting my laptop, reinstalling IE9 with no success. I also spent 1 hour with Yahoo Tech Support who determined it was an IE9 issue because I don't get the same problem with Safari or Firefox. I would really like to keep using IE9 however and was hoping someone had a solution to this issue. Thanks for your help!
There is no problem with my connection to the internet. I've received this error before and sometimes it lasts a day, sometimes 2 or 3 days. Then it'll be fine for a month or so and suddenly the same problem again. It seems random but is very frustrating as it won't allow me to read any email. If I do manage to get into an email it doesn't recognize that I've viewed the email afterwards.

Anyway hope someone can help?

Computer Specs
Moderator with 66,463 posts.

03-Jun-2012, 08:53 AM #2
My guess is that it is a Yahoo! problem and there is nothing you can do about it. However, in case it is something (still thinking a Yahoo! issue) related to browser or add-on try another browser or two--IE, Chrome, etc.
Member with 61 posts.

03-Jun-2012, 11:21 AM #3
I click 'stay signed in' then navigate to another page and when I go back to yahoo email which normally will bring me back to my inbox I see this:

note that at the top right it says I am signed in already

It is getting really old
Computer Specs
Moderator with 66,463 posts.

03-Jun-2012, 11:40 AM #4
sturoc1, that seems to be completely different from stevenson's problem?
Member with 61 posts.

03-Jun-2012, 07:44 PM #5
Was kinda not so much hijacking, but more tailgating since both stevenson and mine are somewhat related in that it seems to be a Yahoo problem.
I try not to dup. post and or clog up forum topics etc. with new threads.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
connection failure, error, yahoo, yahoo mail

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!