Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web & Email Web & Email
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Yahoo email keeps asking for password

(!)

Member with 61 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
03-Jun-2012, 07:53 PM #1
Yahoo email keeps asking for password
Ever since I clicked on the set up security seal link . The Yahoo email I was working with now keeps asking for my password Even though at the top right is shows I am still signed in !

On other yahoo accts where I haven't clicked to set up security shield yet they still retain being logged in and active so I can click the back button and get right back into my inbox.
it is the accts where I have went ahead to set up that shield, now I have to enter the password in every time even though keep me signed " box is checked. and it says top right still signed in !!!

This is really annoying.
Computer Specs
Member with 51,993 posts.

03-Jun-2012, 09:18 PM #2
It sounds like it is supposed to be that way. It increases security.
Member with 61 posts.

04-Jun-2012, 07:39 PM #3
Since when ? I have been able to nav away without signing out and then go back via a bookmark toolbar button and be right back into my inbox for as long as I have had Yahoo and my other Yahoo email accts don't have this problem.
seems like when dealing with the security seal it creates this issue. as I have only clicked on the seal setup in 2 accts of my many Yahoo email accts.

After changing a Firefox theme I get this .
Last nite it worked fine just like before .
Now this morning it goes back to its password request even though I am still signed in :
If I do not put the password and just click on the Yahoo emblem it takes me to the Yahoo home page and then I can click on mail and it goes right to my inbox.
I doubt this is a security measure.
Computer Specs
Member with 51,993 posts.

04-Jun-2012, 08:03 PM #4
But you said that you signed up for the security shield. Surely you must expect that changes will take place after that. If you are running the messenger, that changes things, too.
Computer Specs
Member with 78 posts.

06-Jun-2012, 12:56 PM #5
Angry Yahoo Password
I've been having the same problem with my Yahoo homepage. Since late yesterday afternoon it's been requiring me to sign in every time I try to open the page. Once I sign in, the page appears and I can read and send email, etc. I do not sign out of the page. I click on the red x at top right of the page. I don't have a security seal. This has happened before & then it would suddenly start working correctly again. Yahoo seems to be having lots of problems. I had a Flickr module on my page w/my photostream on it for almost 4 yrs until it suddently became unavailable 2 months ago. I haven't found out the reason for that from Yahoo or Flickr. I actually talked to a Yahoo techie yesterday about a phising email & by the time the session ended he was trying to convince me I need very expensive regular computer maintenence.
Member with 61 posts.

06-Jun-2012, 08:35 PM #6
Similar yes, for me I navigate away from Yahoo email and then go back Bang asking me for my password again .
Yahoo tech support sent me back a email saying look at this link:

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=...KQp8OwIBXQ/Q==

which really didn't help at all . since I had already reset the "keep me sign on for 2 weeks', reset firefox cookie options to allow Yahoo email etc etc
This is just a royal pain !
Computer Specs
Member with 78 posts.

07-Jun-2012, 08:21 AM #7
Yahoo Password
I found that link too. You're right - no help at all. Last night when I opened My Yahoo the page appeared with no sign-in request. It's still working this morning. Same thing that happened last time. It. certainly seems like Yahoo is having problem.
Computer Specs
Member with 78 posts.

07-Jun-2012, 08:50 AM #8
I forgot to mention I'm having the same problem with my Facebook account and my Washington Post e-replica. I've already gone into Tools, Internet Options, Login & set it for "login with current user name and password."
Member with 61 posts.

08-Jun-2012, 10:31 AM #9
Our wireless router skipped a beat yesterday so I unplugged the power then let it boot up again. The desktop PC is connected via cat5 cable.
After it came back up. Yahoo email functions as it used to !
So now I power up the Desktop get onto Firefox go to Yahoo and my email acct comes right up to the inbox just like before.
Not sure if it was Yahoo rectifying their problem or if the router had something to do with it.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!