Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

"Unread" email attachments open slow-Outlook 2010

(!)

Member with 18 posts.

13-Jun-2012, 03:41 PM #1
"Unread" email attachments open slow-Outlook 2010
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5400 @ 2.70GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 4060 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) G41 Express Chipset, 1806 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 595439 MB, Free - 531563 MB; F: Total - 476268 MB, Free - 197506 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0J190T
Antivirus: McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware, Updated and Enabled

I'm using Outlook 2010 for work emails. The program will run fine for an hour or so opening email attachments in a matter of a second or two, then all of a sudden it starts to take 15 to 20 seconds to open an "unread" attachment. An attachment that has already been opened will open quickly anytime.

I've tried disabling add ons. I've tried using CCCleaner to clean out the computer as well as it's registry scanner. I've tried deleting all of my other emails, saved, sent or deleted, so there are only a few in Outlook and nothing has helped. The only way that it will function properly again for a short period of time is if I shut down my computer completely and restart. Then, I'm in that same perpetual loop of working great for a little while, then it starts opening email attachments slow again.

Any ideas?

Last edited by Drivermenutz; 13-Jun-2012 at 06:06 PM.. Reason: Add a little more info
Member with 18 posts.

02-Jul-2012, 07:46 PM #2
I appreciate your response very much. I did try that and it didn't seem to help.

I'm going to throw a wrench in this and probably cause a lot more confusion, but I've recently found something that appears to have something to do with the problem. This computer is hardwired (ethernet) into a wireless router. About once or twice in a 10 hour period during the day, the router somehow disconnects the internet. I have to turn the router off for 15 seconds and it comes back up along with the internet everytime. For some reason, I've noticed that just before (and I'm talking 15 to 30 mins. before) the router disconnects the internet, the email attachments begin to open slow. As soon as I reset the router, the email attachments open normally.

Go figure? I honestly can't see how one has anything to do with the other, but I'm about 99 & 9/10's sure that the problem goes hand in hand with the router disconnecting. I've just recently (in the last few days) noticed this and have been monitoring and experimenting with it. So far, it happens everytime.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!