Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Outlook 6.0 will not receive email

(!)

Member with 10 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
13-Jun-2012, 09:11 PM #1
Outlook 6.0 will not receive email
Hi, i have recently started up our old "dinosaur" computer that my parents got in 2003(i think), its a Dell desktop running windows XP. I had started it up to check an old email account for an email that i sent to it to reset a password on another online account(not an email account) so i could switch the email address to a more accessible one on my computer. But when i finally got outlook up and into the inbox i noticed that the email was not there. So i went and had another password reset email sent but still nothing. So i tested if it could receive any email's by sending an email from my hotmail account to it, still nothing and i got an immediate reply from hotmail saying that the email failed to send. So i continued to test the old email account and tried sending an email from it to my hotmail account and it worked no problem. So whats going on here? The last email the account received was from about a week ago, but that was just the monthly newsletter from the ISP. Please help, i have looked all over the internet to find a solution and this site seemed to come up alot but nothing that i found helped my specific situation....
Member with 10 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
13-Jun-2012, 11:35 PM #2
Can anyone help me out here? If you need more information to be able to help then just let me know!
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
email, outlook express 6, will not receive.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!