Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web & Email Web & Email
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Retreiveing saved email file folders from Outlook express on a new computer

(!)

Member with 28 posts.

25-Jun-2012, 06:58 PM #1
Smile Retreiveing saved email file folders from Outlook express on a new computer
I had outlook express on my laptop that wont boot up now and have borrowed a different laptop to use while trying to fix mine. I have downloaded my emails to new computer but unforunately it didnt transfer saved file folders with saved emails in them. Is there a away to get them to the new computer?
Computer Specs
Moderator with 63,994 posts.

27-Jun-2012, 01:40 PM #2
Are you talking about "saved file folders" on the mail server or on your non-booting laptop or on other media? If on the laptop you will need to copy them from the laptop's hard drive.
Member with 28 posts.

27-Jun-2012, 02:47 PM #3
yes on my non booting laptop...I would like to get all my stuff off but I dont know how to do it with it not loading up...I wish it would come back up but honestly I dont think it is going to...Can you tell me how to copy from the hard drive?
Member with 28 posts.

27-Jun-2012, 02:49 PM #4
Oh yeah, sorry...I also need the files on my outlook express mail server too...that were saved. I have important emails saved on there...I have reloaded my email on a different laptop now but the saved file folders dont come up of course.
Computer Specs
Moderator with 63,994 posts.

27-Jun-2012, 04:15 PM #5
If your booting problem is just with the installed Windows you can probably boot to a Live CD, such as Puppy Linux, and copy any data you need provided the hard drive is readable.

Another option is to put the laptop's hard drive into a USB enclosure and connect it to another computer.

Who is your email provider? Have you tried accessing your saved-on-the-server mail via web mail?
Member with 28 posts.

27-Jun-2012, 09:36 PM #6
I have verizon and windows mail outlook express I believe...I had saved files on there with various saved emails within them. Can't get tot hem now and really hope I can retrieve them somehow.
M
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!