Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

2007 Outlook/Gmail Account --Where are my emails going??

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Beginner
28-Jun-2012, 06:51 PM #1
2007 Outlook/Gmail Account --Where are my emails going??
OK...Running Vista Home Basic on my Dell PC...5 days ago at 9:23pm I received my last email in Outlook (2007). Computer was idle at work. No problems for 4 years until now. 2 weeks ago went with a new ISP and did not change the codes for SMTP/Pop3/Imap because it was all working the exact same way--frankly, didn't think about it. Come in and there are no new emails. Hit Send/Receive and nothing happens. NO WAY, I get 50 a day. Go to Gmail account and it stopped at the same time. Find all new messages in Trash folder then all filters were removed to see what happened next. Emails were visible on screen (inbox) after that-and still are. After that, gmail icon started showing bottom right of my screen with my incoming emails--FROM 2009/10/11! All I had deleted last year and I am sure I emtied. My Outlook number of items in Inbox continues to grow every time I hit Send/Receive, lines "bounce" on screen as if items are going to appear but they don't. I get the outlook envelope showing emails from January to March 2012 downloading along with New Items in Mailbox icon as of today. I can hit on the email as it (icon) pops up and read it but if it passes it is totally GONE! Since gmail was fixed, about 7000 emails have gone into my inbox but not one of them are visible. I feel it will continue to download until we get to the present date as it is downloading from past to present. I have since entered the new ISP information, got the Congratulations on my test email for send/receive, can send BUT NO NEW EMAILS! I have to go to my Gmail account (which is unfiltered now out of fear) sift through the JUNK to find my emails of importance....somebody PLEASE help me! Pictures of screen attached
Network Server Information--Correct
Folders Set up Correctly
All mail going to and visible in Junk, McAfee, (email scan is OFF) Sent or where ever it should be.
Views are right...I have tried EVERYTHING the Forums say to try...
Attached Thumbnails
2007 Outlook/Gmail Account --Where are my emails going??-outlook-photo3.jpg   2007 Outlook/Gmail Account --Where are my emails going??-outlook-photo2.jpg   2007 Outlook/Gmail Account --Where are my emails going??-outlook-photo.jpg  
Member with 55 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
28-Jun-2012, 08:32 PM #2
Any chance your old ISP was Rogers?

I thought that when you use POP , your email address is hosted and stored by the ISP.
Meaning, say your ISP was called Teleweb, your email address would have been blanketyblank@teleweb.com.

I'm confused as to why you did not need to change the POP settings if you changed ISPs.

Im thinking your old ISP cancelled or disabled your email account, which may be contributing to the problem.

Also Gmail is webmail, so ISPs cannot influence how Gmail behaves. Were you forwarding your mail to the gmail account?

Last edited by Skidood; 28-Jun-2012 at 08:44 PM..
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
gmail, outlook 2007 inbox, vista 32 bit

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!