Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Not recieving emails

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 10 posts.

Experience: Beginner
30-Jun-2012, 08:03 PM #1
Solved: Not recieving emails
I have two email names on the same account. I was trying to backup my emails to Windows Explorer (PST), but when I did that one of the names changed. I have managed to rename it back to what it was, but I now cannot recieve emails.

Any ideas, please?
KP
Computer Specs
Member with 10 posts.

Experience: Beginner
01-Jul-2012, 08:59 AM #2
wow!! this is really frustrating! I went to my IPS, calblevision/optimum, and - i guess fairly - they can see the email on thier server (and so can I), so it is not thier problem. they gave me microsoft's number, which i thought quite funny. I spoke to the microsoft computer for 10 minutes only for it to say i should contact dell ("goodbye").
well, lo and behold, i actually have a service agreement with dell, so i called them and - literally - spent 2 and a half hours on the fone with them (partly waiting), but also talking to the lady in india (who kept assuring me that she would fix it), but in the end, she said i had to contact my ISP. Yikes!!
The frustration is, when i send test emails, i can see the email (on the isp server), and it pops up down in the lower right hand corner (like all emails do) temporarily. but when i look in outlook, it's not here!!! Is this crazy or what??

katy
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!