Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Can't log on to random sites

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
07-Jul-2012, 05:22 PM #1
Unhappy Can't log on to random sites
I'm having a very odd problem and was hoping someone could at least point me in the right direction. About a month ago, I lost the ability to log onto the Chase.com website. I can get to the homepage, but when I enter my username and password and hit submit, the page just times out. I have experienced the same issue with both IE9 and Google Chrome - both on the same PC and running under Win7 Professional 64 bit. What is interesting is that about a week ago, I lost the ability to log on with my Android Tablet.

My initial thought is that it was the router as both computers utilize the same router and cable modem, but my wife's laptop and my laptop both can still log onto the Chase.com website through the same router.

I have disabled both virus and firewall protection and still have the problem. I also noticed yesterday that another site had a similar issue when submitting a payment form. So, my thoughts went to it's an https: problem, but other secure sites work just fine.

I have VIPRE anti-virus (so does my laptop that works just fine) and I did a deep scan with no problems detected. I also ran Spy-Bot Search and Destroy with negative results.

Has anyone run across this before?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 8191 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 120, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 610377 MB, Free - 472969 MB; D: Total - 953866 MB, Free - 820907 MB; G: Total - 238464 MB, Free - 107740 MB; H: Total - 1907726 MB, Free - 1651907 MB; I: Total - 238472 MB, Free - 36344 MB; N: Total - 953867 MB, Free - 653313 MB; Y: Total - 152625 MB, Free - 110688 MB;
Motherboard: Gateway, FMCP7AM
Antivirus: GFI Software VIPRE, Updated and Enabled
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
cannot login

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!