Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web & Email Web & Email
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Facebook Connection Issues

(!)

Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
19-Jul-2012, 03:02 PM #31
Cool Solution
Hey folks

Confirming that this issue, currently being posted across multiple threads with varying descriptions is due to buggy driver/net settings for those with a Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller.

The resolve for this frustrating gremlin under your hood is to:
  1. Manually update your Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller driver direct from the manufacturer's website (auto update is not retrieving it).
  2. Purge any screw ups: Flush DNS & reset WINSOCK entries & TCP/IP stacks to defaults.

Step by step:
  1. Navigate to Realtek's official website and download the latest driver. Direct link here.
    Download an Auto Installation Program compatible with your OS to simplify deployment.
  2. Run the program.
  3. Click Start > Programs > Accessories > right-click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator". Type the following:
    ipconfig /flushdns
    [Press ENTER]
    netsh winsock reset catalog
    [Press ENTER]
    netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log
    [Press ENTER]
    netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log
    [Press ENTER]
    exit
  4. Restart your computer.

Hope everything runs smooth for ya. o7
Member with 6 posts.

Experience: Beginner
25-Jul-2012, 12:48 PM #32
whoa D= my network diver was running on march 2011 thank you so much facebook is loading lightning fast and no connection problems what so ever! ^_^ now i get to mark this as solved =D i didnt think this was going to help! glad i posted here now thanks a billion everyone for commenting and helping resolve this problem =]
Member with 4 posts.

Experience: Beginner
17-Aug-2012, 11:43 PM #33
Smile Finally!..
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to update my situation on this issue since the bug is gone now, i had a windows update a few days ago and after it was completed and my pc was rebooted, everything was working fine, i then remembered that the problems had started after a windows update several months ago. It's been 2 or 3 days now and i had no connection bugs anymore which makes me say; Finally!.. since there was no recent replies to this thread, i'm hoping it means that your issues were solved as well... alright so that's it for now, Take care all...
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
facebook connection issue, facebook error, facebook not loading, facebook not working

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!