Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web & Email Web & Email
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Unwanted email

(!)

Member with 1,059 posts.

27-Jul-2012, 11:55 AM #1
Angry Unwanted email
This is not exactly a spam issue, but frustrating just the same.

I use Thunderbird for my email and am generally well satisfied with it.

A recent annoyance is the following:

An email sender who I did not know prior to his correspondence started sending messages of a political nature. I do not mind open and free discussion of this type, but felt obligated to respond to opinions that differed from mine. He soon responded anger-ally and resorted to name calling and blocked all of my further correspondence.

Ok, that suited me fine, since I was beginning to regard him as a bit of an intolerant fool.

The problem is, he keeps sending me his messages while my responses to cease and desist are blocked: "Remote SMTP server has rejected address".

Of course, I put a filter on his address to redirect them to trash, but I also put a Cease and Desist auto response to to his messages which causes "Delivery Notification: Delivery has failed" message coming in to my mailbox as a result of all of his new messages. The jerk continues to keep me on his address list but blocks my responses.

I guess the easiest solution is to remove my response message and just let his future messages to go into the trash folder and let that be the end of it.
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

27-Jul-2012, 12:09 PM #2
Remove the auto-response, send his messages to the trash, and move on. There's nothing you can do to force him to stop sending you e-mail messages. Whatever "Cease and Desist" thing you're sending each other is not legally binding agreement.
Member with 1,059 posts.

27-Jul-2012, 04:54 PM #3
Exactly right! Just needed to describe the hubris of some dudes who believe they have the sole possession of truth and eschew the opinion of others.
Thanks for listening.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!