Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web & Email Web & Email
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Ie browser wont display hotmail page

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 4 posts.

Experience: Beginner
27-Jul-2012, 11:01 PM #1
Question Ie browser wont display hotmail page
Sometime with in the last week my browser has quit displaying the hotmail webpage as well as the sign in page for it. I cannot even create a new account as I cannot view the sign in page. When the page loads it is just a blank white page and has an error sign at the bottom of the browser. I have done quite a bit of searching on the internet, tried many things from re-registering my javascript, to changing the security settings in my tools. When I click the error msg. this is what I get "Webpage error detailsUser Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; FunWebProducts; GTB6.6; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center". I have even reinstalled my IE to no avail. I have had my email addy for about 10 yrs now and hate to have to lose it all together. I would use it thru outlook or incredimail, but my account seems to have been hacked and it needs to be recovered which can only be done via the website. When I click to view the page source it says "Windows Live ID requires JavaScript to sign in. This web browser either does not support JavaScript, or scripts are being blocked.<br /><br />To find out whether your browser supports JavaScript, or to allow scripts, see the browser's online help." yet my javascript is enabled, all other sites are fine, facebook also uses javascript and this works. Please help! I have tried everything I can think of and also have tried many different approaches I have found online.
Phantom010 has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 31,841 posts.

Experience: Advanced
28-Jul-2012, 12:13 PM #2
You basically have a long User Agent String. This may cause problems with some websites, which may block you from visiting, render blank pages, or show error messages.

Your UAS shows FunWebProducts which is malware.

Download, install and run the free version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Click Update > Check for Updates.

When the definition files have updated, click OK.

Click the Scanner tab > Perform quick scan > Scan.

If infections are found during the scan, the number of infections will be highlighted in red.

When the scan is finished, click Show Results.

Make sure that everything is selected, then click Remove Selected.

If you're prompted to restart to finish the removal process, click Yes.

Start Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware again.

Click the Logs tab.

Highlight the scan log entry, then click Open.

When the scan log appears in Notepad, copy and paste it into your next reply.

===================================================================
Download, install and run the free version of SUPERAntiSpyware.

Click Check for Updates.

When the definition files have updated, click Close.

Select Perform Quick Scan and click Scan your Computer.

If infections or problems are found during the scan, a list will appear.

When the scan is finished and the scan summary window appears, click OK.

Make sure that everything in the list is selected, then click Next.

If you're prompted to restart to finish the removal process, click Yes.

Start SUPERAntiSpyware again.

Click View Scan Logs.

Highlight the scan log entry, then click View Selected Log.

When the scan log appears in Notepad, copy and paste it into your next reply.

Please read instructions and questions carefully, and reply in a timely manner... Thank you.

If your problem is solved, please click on the Mark Solved button.
Computer Specs
Member with 4 posts.

29-Jul-2012, 12:50 PM #3
ok so hopefully this fixes my problem. going to try this now.

Last edited by infinity5104; 29-Jul-2012 at 12:55 PM..
Computer Specs
Member with 4 posts.

29-Jul-2012, 02:55 PM #4
well, I did this but still cannot view hotmail. Here are the scan logs:

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log
http://www.superantispyware.com
Generated 07/29/2012 at 01:32 PM
Application Version : 5.5.1012
Core Rules Database Version : 8977
Trace Rules Database Version: 6789
Scan type : Quick Scan
Total Scan Time : 00:10:46
Operating System Information
Windows XP Home Edition 32-bit, Service Pack 3 (Build 5.01.2600)
Administrator
Memory items scanned : 685
Memory threats detected : 0
Registry items scanned : 28772
Registry threats detected : 0
File items scanned : 6851
File threats detected : 35
Adware.Tracking Cookie
accounts.google.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\LANDRY\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
accounts.google.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\LANDRY\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
.atdmt.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\LANDRY\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
.h.atdmt.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\LANDRY\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
.h.atdmt.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\LANDRY\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
.atdmt.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\LANDRY\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
.c.atdmt.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\LANDRY\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
.c.atdmt.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\LANDRY\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
.doubleclick.net [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\LANDRY\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
.revsci.net [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\LANDRY\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
.revsci.net [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\LANDRY\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
.account.live.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\LANDRY\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
.account.live.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\LANDRY\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
account.live.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\LANDRY\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
account.live.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\LANDRY\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
C:\Documents and Settings\Landry\Cookies\TC5DWVW9.txt [ /at.atwola.com ]
C:\Documents and Settings\Landry\Cookies\0MN8RWG3.txt [ /atdmt.com ]
C:\Documents and Settings\Landry\Cookies\ISHESEP6.txt [ /serving-sys.com ]
C:\Documents and Settings\Landry\Cookies\4TXVSH4P.txt [ /kontera.com ]
C:\Documents and Settings\Landry\Cookies\CA5Z1Y0X.txt [ /mm.chitika.net ]
C:\Documents and Settings\Landry\Cookies\9AMRBMJQ.txt [ /doubleclick.net ]
C:\Documents and Settings\Landry\Cookies\DIH5N3S2.txt [ /atdmt.combing.com ]
C:\Documents and Settings\Landry\Cookies\TZ224X9G.txt [ /lucidmedia.com ]

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Trial) 1.62.0.1300
www.malwarebytes.org
Database version: v2012.07.29.08
Windows XP Service Pack 3 x86 NTFS
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702
:: [administrator]
Protection: Enabled
7/29/2012 12:25:36 PM
mbam-log-2012-07-29 (12-25-36).txt
Scan type: Quick scan
Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM
Scan options disabled: P2P
Objects scanned: 182721
Time elapsed: 10 minute(s), 57 second(s)
Memory Processes Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)
Memory Modules Detected: 0
Registry Keys Detected: 31
HKCR\Typelib\{1D085C0A-E4F4-4F66-BDBF-4BE51015BFC3} (PUP.Funmoods) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKCR\Interface\{0D80F1C5-D17B-4177-AC68-955F3EF9F191} (PUP.Funmoods) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Settings\{11111111-1111-1111-1111-110011041135} (PUP.Codec.PR) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{11111111-1111-1111-1111-110011041135} (PUP.Codec.PR) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\PreApproved\{11111111-1111-1111-1111-110011041135} (PUP.Codec.PR) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Settings\{11111111-1111-1111-1111-110011221158} (Adware.GamePlayLab) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{11111111-1111-1111-1111-110011221158} (Adware.GamePlayLab) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights\ElevationPolicy\{11111111-1111-1111-1111-110011221158} (Adware.GamePlayLab) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\PreApproved\{11111111-1111-1111-1111-110011221158} (Adware.GamePlayLab) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Settings\{5D79F641-C168-40DF-A32F-BACEA7509E75} (PUP.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{5D79F641-C168-40DF-A32F-BACEA7509E75} (PUP.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Settings\{C98D5B61-B0EA-4D48-9839-1079D352D880} (PUP.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{C98D5B61-B0EA-4D48-9839-1079D352D880} (PUP.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Settings\{CB41FC95-F1B3-4797-8BB6-1012FF62ABBA} (PUP.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{CB41FC95-F1B3-4797-8BB6-1012FF62ABBA} (PUP.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{04D2B915-19FF-41E9-994D-95DC898BEA43} (PUP.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{0696F815-A3A9-490A-BB14-9EC3350B1276} (PUP.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{F02C0832-C85C-4B93-8C6F-9DF20121A10D} (PUP.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKCR\CrossriderApp0000435.BHO (PUP.Codec.PR) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKCR\CLSID\{2804138D-2F0E-4B8A-9D22-A5E3FA0844E6} (PUP.CodecC) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{2804138D-2F0E-4B8A-9D22-A5E3FA0844E6} (PUP.CodecC) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{2804138D-2F0E-4B8A-9D22-A5E3FA0844E6} (PUP.CodecC) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Settings\{2804138D-2F0E-4B8A-9D22-A5E3FA0844E6} (PUP.CodecC) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{2804138D-2F0E-4B8A-9D22-A5E3FA0844E6} (PUP.CodecC) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKCR\CrossriderApp0000435.BHO.1 (PUP.CrossFire.Gen) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKCR\CrossriderApp0000435.FBApi (PUP.CrossFire.Gen) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKCR\CrossriderApp0000435.FBApi.1 (PUP.CrossFire.Gen) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKCR\CrossriderApp0000435.Sandbox (PUP.CrossFire.Gen) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKCR\CrossriderApp0000435.Sandbox.1 (PUP.CrossFire.Gen) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKCU\SOFTWARE\CROSSRIDER (Adware.GamePlayLab) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Google\chrome\Extensions\fdloijijlkoblmigdofommgnheckmaki (PUP.Funmoods) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
Registry Values Detected: 1
HKCU\Software\Crossrider|215AppVerifier (Adware.GamePlayLab) -> Data: c9b1e2238ce932f8216d32c0c47bde75 -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
Registry Data Items Detected: 0
Folders Detected: 10
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Codec-C (PUP.CodecC) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Codec-C\data (PUP.CodecC) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch (PUP.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar (PUP.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\History (PUP.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\Settings (PUP.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Landry\Local Settings\Application Data\CheeryChickenSA (Adware.HotBar.CC) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Landry\Local Settings\Application Data\CheeryChickenSA\bin (Adware.HotBar.CC) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Landry\Local Settings\Application Data\CheeryChickenSA\bin\1.0.8.0 (Adware.HotBar.CC) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Landry\Local Settings\Application Data\CheeryChickenSA\data (Adware.HotBar.CC) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
Files Detected: 14
C:\Documents and Settings\Landry\Local Settings\Application Data\funmoods.crx (PUP.Funmoods) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Codec-C\background.html (PUP.CodecC) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Codec-C\ajhcekcffkpnaednoeoegnmnjdlnjjmg.crx (PUP.CodecC) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Codec-C\bhoclass.dll (PUP.CodecC) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Codec-C\content.js (PUP.CodecC) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Codec-C\hjakmojkcnhgipgkkbiempkfdndcnlah.crx (PUP.CodecC) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Codec-C\settings.ini (PUP.CodecC) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Codec-C\uninstall.exe (PUP.CodecC) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Codec-C\data\content.js (PUP.CodecC) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Codec-C\data\jsondb.js (PUP.CodecC) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\History\search3 (PUP.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\Settings\s_pid.dat (PUP.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Landry\Local Settings\Application Data\CheeryChickenSA\bin\1.0.8.0\copyright.txt (Adware.HotBar.CC) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Landry\Local Settings\Application Data\CheeryChickenSA\data\cheerychickenSA.dat (Adware.HotBar.CC) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
(end)
Computer Specs

29-Jul-2012, 05:16 PM #5
You can try UAPick to change your User Agent String to default.

UAPick

Last edited by Phantom010; 29-Jul-2012 at 07:28 PM..
Computer Specs
Member with 4 posts.

29-Jul-2012, 05:43 PM #6
I just this and really am stumped at the point. I mean if I need I can use the google chrome, and the hotmail comes up fine. It's really just that now this is haunting me, kind of eating at me and I just want to get it straightened out.
Computer Specs

29-Jul-2012, 07:30 PM #7
If you do not wish to try UAPick yet, go HERE and copy the text showing in red, then paste it into your next reply.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
internet explorer 8, internet explorer 8 error, javascript

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!