Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web & Email Web & Email
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Windows Live Mail problem opening message

(!)

Member with 13 posts.

30-Jul-2012, 01:50 PM #1
Windows Live Mail problem opening message
Just converted my oe data files to windows live mail on new win7 64 bit machine and everything was fine. Everything imported, contacts, etc. But now, all of a sudden, I am getting a message that "there was a problem opening this email." and I have to close the message and open it again. So far I can get it to open, but something is not right. I have tried to repair live essentials, and that didn't fix it. Any suggestions? Someone on another board suggested changing to mozilla thunderbird. Is that my only option or can this problem with windows live mail be resolved? Thanks
Computer Specs
Member with 55 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
30-Jul-2012, 09:01 PM #2
Hi.

Not sure if you mean you can't log in. If so, try this. Open WLM, highlight blue account name, right click
Select properties, servers
Select Log on to clear text authentication
Apply, OK
Restart
Member with 13 posts.

30-Jul-2012, 10:10 PM #3
No. It opens. When you click on email it says: " A problem occurred when trying to open this email. Close this message and try again. " Then I open the email and it opens. Why the sometimes message that appears and never used to appear.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!