Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web & Email Web & Email
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

the ar.voicefive.com/bmx3 pop-up

(!)

Member with 3 posts.

16-Aug-2012, 08:48 PM #1
the ar.voicefive.com/bmx3 pop-up
voicefive is a leading global market research company that studies internet trends and behavior. I saw this unusual pop up on my screen with a web address on it that was ar.voicefive.com/bmx3.... and i've heard of other ar.voicefive pop-ups coming up with other people. i believe that the ar.voicefive.com/bmx3..... pop-up is an indicator of some form of cross site scripting. & if i'm right, this is happening through some program or application that you trust such as Norton Internet Security, for example, and through this program either your web-browsing is being monitored, or someone may be attempting to do something malicious to your pc such as steal files or personal information. i conspire that voicefive is doing this to conduct studies on participants who don't know they're participating but i don't know this for sure. i can't prove this. I know others have seen the pop-up & i've heard that you should get some anti-malware if you've seen it. i know the pop up is an indicator of a cookie, but i've never even heard of voicefive until i saw the "pop up" on my screen.

Last edited by Indraayn; 16-Aug-2012 at 08:56 PM..
Member with 3 posts.

16-Aug-2012, 08:53 PM #2
sombody tell me if i'm in the ball-park?
Member with 3 posts.

16-Aug-2012, 09:05 PM #3
i'm really just concerned that my computer may be at risk
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 32,343 posts.

Experience: Advanced
16-Aug-2012, 09:19 PM #4
What's your browser?
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
ar.voicefive, ar.voicefive.com/bmx3, voicefive pop up, voicefive pop-up

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!