Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Yahoo 404 Handler fix/removal

(!)

Member with 20 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
10-Sep-2012, 06:27 PM #1
Yahoo 404 Handler fix/removal
Heya All, apologies if it's in the wrong topic.

After installing Yahoo Msgr 11.5 to catch up with long lost family and then uninstalling it (as the typical install lazy option came with Yahoo Toolbar) and then re-installing a custom, msgr only install, everything seemed well. Then everytime I open a broken weblink I'll get the Yahoo search page up with search terms similar to the broken link. After Googling, it's a Yahoo 404 handler?

I was wondering how to go about removing it, and all trace of Yahoo bar Msgr. I was under the impression I'd clean uninstalled but that obviously isnt the case. Having looked in Firefox's help, apparently I can uninstall the Toolbar and it will go away. However I had uninstalled and don't have anything Yahoo in the Addons tab.

I guess I could system restore to before the first install and try again, but then I'd want to know the best way to install msgr without all the sneaky bits.

Anyway, I appreciate any advice for this and I look forward to your replies. Not sure if it's any relevance but below is the TSG thing!

Regards

Mickie

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 720 @ 1.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 30 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 4086 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4830 Series, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 293127 MB, Free - 218362 MB; D: Total - 11812 MB, Free - 2000 MB; E: Total - 99 MB, Free - 95 MB;
Motherboard: Quanta, 7009
Antivirus: ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5.0, Updated and Enabled
Phantom010 has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 32,250 posts.

Experience: Advanced
10-Sep-2012, 06:47 PM #2
Perhaps THIS?
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!