Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web & Email Web & Email
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

YouTube videos don't play on Google Chrome

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 53 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
30-Oct-2012, 08:25 AM #1
YouTube videos don't play on Google Chrome
Hi, I am having a problem with YouTube where none of the videos on the website work with the Google chrome browser. First it was just some of them and now it seems to be all of them that I try I don't even get a flash window to click on, the box is just black where the video is and right clicking on it just gives me the default chrome context menu.

Have been searching forums and this is the things I have tried:
  • Deleted the cache and all other browsing history in chromes settings (from beginning of time).
  • Disabled hardware acceleration in flash when I managed to get a video working (when some were still working)
  • Checked to see if I have the latest flash version, which I do.
  • Tried reinstalling flash player from the adobe site.
  • I had adblock plus for chrome installed and thought it may be mistaking videos for ads, so I disabled it at first, then I removed it completely and nope still doesn't play.
  • Checked to see if the plug-in is enabled by typing about : plugins into chrome, which it is.
Computer Specs
Member with 72 posts.

30-Oct-2012, 10:45 AM #2
Have you tried viewing flash content from a different website?
Computer Specs
Member with 53 posts.

30-Oct-2012, 11:35 AM #3
Yeah and it seems to be working on other websites with flash content without any problem. Just seems to be YouTube which up until a couple of days ago was working fine for me and now I cant seem to view any content on it at all
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!