Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Browsers not responding

(!)

Member with 32 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
18-Feb-2013, 04:44 PM #1
Browsers not responding
I've been having a recurring problem with browser tabs (Chrome and IE8) not responding. The typical situation is that I have a couple of tabs open (usually Gmail and Google Reader in Chrome), and when I open a page in a new tab the page renders but is completely unresponsive to mouse clicks. If I try to open the page in IE it doesn't respond at all. The existing open tabs continue to respond fine, but I can open and close new tabs/pages as much as I want and they won't respond to mouse clicks after loading.
I managed to get some temporary relief from the problem by un-installing AVG (free edition) and replacing it with Avast (free edition), but tonight I've just had the same problem with Avast.
I'm running Windows 7 Enterprise on a Samsung Q330 laptop - upgraded with a Crucial M4 SSD.
Does this sort of problem sound familiar to anyone?
Member with 893 posts.

Experience: Advanced
18-Feb-2013, 05:09 PM #2
Where did you get Enterprise edition?
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!