Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web & Email Web & Email
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Thunderbird to Outlook 2003

(!)

Member with 327 posts.

03-May-2013, 07:17 PM #1
Thunderbird to Outlook 2003
Running Win 7, using Thunderbird and in process of setting up Outlook 2003.

I want to move all my current Inbox and Sent files from Thunderbird over to Outlook.

Reading various pages on Google, I'm suppose to find my msf files etc. I cannot find these files/folders.

Any simple way of going this. ??

Also besides copying my address book one by one. Any way of moving the address book as a block to Outlook. ??

thanks

"Note, reason for doing this:- Thunderbird is so slow in starting from the task bar and receiving/opening my emails from my email server, yet testing outlook this fast compared to thunderbird."
Account Disabled with 137 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
04-May-2013, 02:26 PM #2
Hi! One good place to look for answers would be at the following site. Look under Thunderbird and post there for some great help since they are very familiar with Firefox and Thunderbird issues! http://forums.mozillazine.org/
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 5,021 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
04-May-2013, 06:42 PM #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by exceller View Post
Running Win 7, using Thunderbird and in process of setting up Outlook 2003.

I want to move all my current Inbox and Sent files from Thunderbird over to Outlook.

Reading various pages on Google, I'm suppose to find my msf files etc. I cannot find these files/folders.

Any simple way of going this. ??

Also besides copying my address book one by one. Any way of moving the address book as a block to Outlook. ??

thanks

"Note, reason for doing this:- Thunderbird is so slow in starting from the task bar and receiving/opening my emails from my email server, yet testing outlook this fast compared to thunderbird."
Moving your messages from Thunderbird to Outlook needs to be done in stages.
Simplest is to convert them to EML files (the new versions of TB allow for drag and drop to Windows Explorer folders, so that's fairly simple).
Import the EML's into Windows Live mail.
Import the WLM database into Outlook.

Contacts should be Exported from TB to a CSV file and then the CSV can be Imported into Outlook after remapping the fields. Again, you might want to do it through WLM first.

Now, that said, are you sure you wouldn't rather try speeding up TB before changing clients?
The single most common cause for slowness is overloaded mail files. A good cleaning, compacting, and archiving can do wonders.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!