Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web & Email Web & Email
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Windows Live Mail accidentally deleted. How do I get it back?!!

(!)

Member with 969 posts.

22-Jun-2013, 08:48 PM #1
Solved: Windows Live Mail accidentally deleted. How do I get it back?!!
While deleting icons from my desktop, I accidentally included (and deleted) Windows Live Mail. Unfortunately, I then cleared my Recycle Bin before realizing what I had done. Will someone please tell me how to recover Windows Live Mail. I hope it's an easy process. Thank you.
Computer Specs
Moderator with 51,993 posts.

Experience: "Been through the mill."
22-Jun-2013, 09:19 PM #2
If all you did was delete the shortcut from the desktop, then simply drag a copy from your Start menu to the desktop.

If you removed the program, reinstall it.
Member with 969 posts.

22-Jun-2013, 10:46 PM #3
Well, on my Start menu I don't see Windows Live Mail listed, so I presume it's been uninstalled. I do have a Windows Live folder, but when I click on it I see only Windows Live Family Safety and Windows Live Writer. No Windows Live Mail.

It appears that if I want to downoad and reinstall Windows Live Mail I must download Windows Live Essentials 2011. However, when I attempted to download WLE 2011, I received a notice that I have a newer version of WLE 2011 already installed, and if I want to download and install an older version, I first have to uninstall the newer version. As mentioned earlier, I have a WLE 2011 folder, but it doesn't contain Windows Live Mail. If Mail is still on my computer, I don't know how to find it.
Computer Specs
Moderator with 63,994 posts.

23-Jun-2013, 10:40 AM #4
I think that Elvandil probably meant to say "All Programs" menu instead of "Start" menu.
flavallee   (Frank) flavallee is offline flavallee is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. flavallee has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 55,565 posts.

Experience: Advanced
23-Jun-2013, 11:22 AM #5
Windows Live Mail 2012 is the most current version and which I personally use in my Windows 7 computers.

Go here to download and save the wlsetup-web.exe file.

After it's downloaded and saved, double-click it to start the install process.

If all you want is the Mail program and not any of the other Windows Live programs, uncheck them before continuing.

---------------------------------------------------------
Member with 969 posts.

23-Jun-2013, 01:06 PM #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryNet View Post
I think that Elvandil probably meant to say "All Programs" menu instead of "Start" menu.
Thank you for your input.

I noticed under All Programs that there were seven programs listed beneath the Windows heading but no Live Mail, which perhaps is an indication that it's no longer on my computer.
Member with 969 posts.

23-Jun-2013, 01:10 PM #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by flavallee View Post
Windows Live Mail 2012 is the most current version and which I personally use in my Windows 7 computers.

Go here to download and save the wlsetup-web.exe file.

After it's downloaded and saved, double-click it to start the install process.

If all you want is the Mail program and not any of the other Windows Live programs, uncheck them before continuing.

---------------------------------------------------------
Thank you very much! I followed your instructions and my Windows Live Mail has been restored to its former glory. Actually, I went ahead and downloaded the entire Windows Live Essentials 12, or whatever it's called.
flavallee   (Frank) flavallee is offline flavallee is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. flavallee has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 55,565 posts.

Experience: Advanced
23-Jun-2013, 01:14 PM #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgreene View Post
Thank you very much! I followed your instructions and my Windows Live Mail has been restored to its former glory.

----------------------------------------------------------
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!