Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web & Email Web & Email
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Outlook won't upload attachments to emails

(!)

Member with 135 posts.

14-Aug-2013, 04:57 PM
Outlook won't upload attachments to emails
OP: Win 7 Using Firefox. Microsoft recently made my email come in through Outlook. (Forgive me if I am not using correct terminology). I never had it before & now I have to sign in with a password each time I want to view emails. Hate it!! Today, I went to log into Outlook and a message came up saying: "Outlook is not in service and problem should be resolved by 2:00 PM". (Paraphrasing but you get the gist). At 2:10 pm, voila, outlook is there. I try to send an email with an attachment and Outlook won't upload it. I tried numerous times with no success. I had a lot of updates that needed to be done so I ran all of them, restarted and tried again to send my email. No luck.Can someone please help? What should I do or where should I look?
Thanks in advance.
Couriant   (James) Couriant is offline Couriant is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions.
Trusted Advisor with 30,560 posts.

14-Aug-2013, 05:25 PM
Are you getting any errors?
Member with 135 posts.

15-Aug-2013, 10:08 AM
No errors. This morning my cache was cleaned out. Firefox was not up & working. I had to re-download it and then update it. I had to log onto IE and then asked if I wanted to make IE10 my default browser. I don't. I want to use Firefox. It appears Microsoft made major changes...again...no notification...and "we" have no choice but to live with it. What browser do you use & do you find it easy to use and reliable? What is your suggestion to get out from under Microsoft's control if any?
Couriant   (James) Couriant is offline Couriant is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions.

15-Aug-2013, 06:27 PM
You can tell IE not to ask about being the default. But I want you to use Internet Explorer.

You can use your email in a client like Windows Live Mail or Mozilla Thunderbird.
Member with 135 posts.

15-Aug-2013, 11:58 PM
I'm confused. Why do you want me to use IE?? I always seem to have problems with it. Please advise.
Thanks.

16-Aug-2013, 03:14 PM
To rule out an issue with FireFox. If you don't want to use IE, use Chrome or any other web browser available.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!

WELCOME
You Are Using: Server ID
Trusted Website Back to the Top ↑