Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web & Email Web & Email
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Losing Emails if I uninstall Incredimail

(!)

Junior Member with 3 posts.

04-Jun-2003, 09:20 PM #1
Losing Emails if I uninstall Incredimail
I sure hope someone can tell me what will happen to all of my emails if I uninstall Incredimal. This is the worst program I have ever seen. You are lured in and can't get out. I am now up to thousands of emails on my computer and I can't take them and put them on CDs or save the certain important ones to a file.......I do family research so the ones I have are important and some can't be duplicated. I will start printing them up but meantime I keep getting more and more, even though I have chosen NOT to have Incredimail as my default email.
Sorry this is so long.............and thanks for any help. I already found the thread to uninstall
Member with 3,520 posts.

04-Jun-2003, 09:36 PM #2
I have incredimail and love it, am able to do all you are needing to do and have never experienced any problems. Maybe there is something else wrong.
Flrman1   (Mark) Flrman1 is offline Flrman1 has a Profile Picture
Member with 46,322 posts.

04-Jun-2003, 09:40 PM #3
If you are going back to Outlook Express open OE and go to tools/options and at the bottom of the "General" tab you will see "this mail program is not the default mail handler "choose "make default" then go to file/import/messages and see if the Incredimail program is in the list if it is select it and click next.

04-Jun-2003, 11:37 PM #4
I am trying to go back to OE. I did what you said, but Incredimail is not included in the list. I already made OE my default email but even though it asks me if I want Incredimail as my default and I always say NO it is still where 99% of the mail goes.

I also forgot to mention that I have Windows XP incase it has something to do with how to get rid of Incredimail WITHOUT losing all of the Emails.
Or if there is a way to just end the Incredimail program and keep the emails without uninstalling.

Again thanks for any help
Member with 3,054 posts.

05-Jun-2003, 12:21 AM #5
From what I do know IncrediMail is not an easy uninstall.

If you run a custom Uninstall and select every item to be removed, the folder Program Files\IncrediMail\bin remains, with the undeletable file imshext.dll in it.
You can only delete this file and its parent folders by removing every reference to them in the Registry, booting your computer from a DOS boot disk, going to the Program Files\IncrediMail\bin folder, deleting the imshext.dll file and then removing the Program Files\IncrediMail folder.

Then there's THIS and maybe that will help.

DS

Edit:.............. and THIS too.

06-Jun-2003, 04:49 PM #6
I just want to thank everyone who tried to help. I have managed to get Incredimail off of the computer. It was probably the easiest thing to do.................after spending 2 days forwarding all my important stuff to a yahoo email account I remembered I had and deleting everything else.

Then all I did after that was go to Programs....Add/Delete....and hit "Incredimail" a little butler came up and said "Sorry to see me go". I am rid of it....I am elated.
Flrman1   (Mark) Flrman1 is offline Flrman1 has a Profile Picture
Member with 46,322 posts.

06-Jun-2003, 05:15 PM #7
You're Welcome! And thank you for posting back with your gratitude and progress report.

Mark
Junior Member with 4 posts.

12-Aug-2003, 07:13 PM #8
Angry Incredimail
I need to import my emails to outlook express. OE is my default email program now. I have tried import messages and incredimail is not in the list. Please help me!!!
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!