Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web & Email Web & Email
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

not able to login to yahoo mail

(!)

Junior Member with 4 posts.

Experience: Beginner
21-Jun-2004, 12:33 PM #1
Unhappy not able to login to yahoo mail
i am not able to login to yahoo mail, for the last 2 days. i can open my yahoo and the adress book, but when i click on the mail link it gives "cannot find server" mesage and then shows "page cannot be displayed". others are able to access their mail from this computer, and other sites open as usual. this is a os-xp, cable- which has no firewall, and norton shows no antivirus after scans.
what should i do?

21-Jun-2004, 03:34 PM #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by choudhary88
i am not able to login to yahoo mail, for the last 2 days. i can open my yahoo and the adress book, but when i click on the mail link it gives "cannot find server" mesage and then shows "page cannot be displayed". others are able to access their mail from this computer, and other sites open as usual. this is a os-xp, cable- which has no firewall, and norton shows no antivirus after scans.
what should i do?
I had the same problem. I am now able to login. Send yahoo a mail on the help page and they will fix it I suppose!

Experience: Beginner
21-Jun-2004, 05:07 PM #3
i am now able to see my mail again.
this is weird!!
thanks
kc
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
16-Jul-2004, 10:45 PM #4
error - page cannot be displayed
Like the previous poster, I experience the same problems - logging into the Yahoo address book, calendar, notepad etc. works fine. The problem arises when I try logging into Yahoo Mail Plus account where I get the error "page cannot be displayed".

Curiously, I do not have this problem ever with my free Yahoo mail account, and other people using my computer do not have the problem either.

The problem is for sure with the Yahoo site (as other posts on this and other forums clearly have stated). Yahoo seems to host accounts on different servers:

http://us.f414.mail.yahoo.com -> is where my problem mail account is located
http://us.511.mail.yahoo.com -> is where my fully working (free) mail account is.

Anyone has any idea why one site comes up with the "page cannot be displayed" error and the other one just works fine?

Thanks!
Computer Specs
Member with 1,922 posts.

16-Jul-2004, 10:55 PM #5
What A/V are you using? Liz
Junior Member with 10 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
16-Jul-2004, 11:16 PM #6
I contacted Yahoo support a while back and was basically told this. Yahoo recently revamped their free email accounts to 100 mb...which of course just about everyone already knows...but at the same time they are revamping pretty much everything on their servers. I run a few Yahoogroups and have quite a few Yahoo email accounts, and I have had this problem off and on ever since the day they started all of their changes. According to them, it's pretty much beyond their control until all of their changes are completely finished, which will probably be never. That's good ol' Yahell fo ya. About all you can do is grin and bear it.

Last edited by .::Mystik::.; 17-Jul-2004 at 12:08 AM..
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!